alexitbe

Gritzner Frobana Outsole Machine

On 12/24/2020 at 7:56 PM, Sharon Kudrle said:

how exactly and what is to be welded and / or made on a lathe

The broken part in the picture that I quoted, I guess. It can be either made anew on a lathe, or the fracture can be welded/soldered.

17 hours ago, jimi said:

Sharon, your thread should be coming out of the hole in the middle of the spring?? i see in your video your thread is missing that hole so no tension on it. 

DSC08699.JPG.278f6df9f64fb05f0efa7531274988be.thumb.jpg.b07a12905bd969728225e255ae0608a0.jpg

Thank you Jimi, I just removed the bobbin cover and tried to bend out the flanges, but I didn't bend it far enough.  There was a slight bend in one flange that might indicate that someone bent them inward.  I'll have to be careful since I don't want to damage the part.  I might try a literal stopgap method like putting some removable filler in the gap so the thread stays in the central hole as it should.  I'm out of time to try that today though.  On domestic sewing machines, the screw at the top of the bobbin cover controls the tension of the bobbin thread.  The tighter the screw, the more tension is on the bobbin thread.  I don't as yet see how the bobbin thread tension is controlled on this machine.  

Thank you so much Jimi!

2 hours ago, DrmCa said:

The broken part in the picture that I quoted, I guess. It can be either made anew on a lathe, or the fracture can be welded/soldered.

?

Edited by Sharon Kudrle
amend: re. control of bobbin thread tension.

On 3/28/2020 at 12:02 PM, jimi said:

I think first of all you might want to look for a smaller bobbin, that way you can get tension on the top thread. By the looks of it, that big cop of thread will not let you get the proper tension. It consists of a felt or leather washer each side,spring cup washer,spring and nut. Remember 1 1/2 times around the first tension pulley.It might be just the position of your wheel but the head looks really high?? You normally put the leather under and adjust until it is just gripping when the arrow on the machine is in line with the one on the hand wheel. I have just noticed that your arrow is missing?? Looks like it has been worn down where it was. There are two kinds of feed dogs for this machine, one is for rubber soles with two teeth like the one you have in the machine and the other is for leather soles which is a knife and a small point. If you are sewing leather then change the feed dog to the knife.

20200328_114234.jpg.1dbea59e99c84447a4541959663d98c3.jpg20200328_114247.jpg.46e8b42802f3710752332d003a08f2ae.jpg20200328_114259.jpg.23bccc69749dfbd2a533db2192539362.jpg

20200328_120734.thumb.jpg.bd08589c771c3814646bea487324ebac.jpg

Hi jimi, thanks for answering. Where could I find such a bobin with jarn? Would the right tensin also solve issue with thread step. It seams that I can't set it up to more than 2mm step? Regards.

?

At present, there is zero/no tension on the bobbin thread. 

The bobbin thread is the bottom/underneath thread that is in the bullet shaped bobbin case. 

To make a stitch, one needs a balanced tension on the upper thread and the lower thread. Tension on only the upper thread or only the lower thread will not make a good stitch. The upper cop of thread is fine.

Edited by Sharon Kudrle

Hi Senttrox, Here is a link i found on the internet, they have advertised Z twist for the top thread and S twist for the bobbin.https://schuhbedarf.de/naehen/maschinen-naehgarn/hoogen-oberfaden-20/6-auswahl.html

and this has various, https://14506.gwsshop.de/de/artikelliste/597/?group_filters=1089

I think this may not fix the stitch length problem?? did you find the correct screw for adjusting the stitch length?? It could be the screw you have in the machine is not working properly?? Did i send you the pdf of the manual??

HI jimi, thanks for the link. You did send me the manual and I fond screw that fits. Now when I unscrew it all the way there is only 2mm pitch and when I try to screw it in it only reduces step.

Hi, i would like to build a stand for it and can someone measure distance between top and bottom axe (see picture, center to center) and I also need a diameter of the pulley for flat belt.

Thanks

frobana pulley.JPG

frobana distance.JPG

Hi does anyone have data about electromotor (power, RPM) and actual rpm while sewing.

Do I have the right info that sewing speed is variable or it is just one speed?

Thanks