retro purse.jpg

I think this was a Tandy pattern in the 70's. I was wondering if someone might have the pattern for sale or know where I could find it or one like it. Thanks.

The body looks fairly simple to draw out. You may need to do a few dry runs with a pencil on top of some poster board and show some tenacity with it. But in my personal opinion,it hauled not be too difficult to replicate.

That do look like somethin' them hippies was into back then ;)  For some reason, folks wanted to "mystery braid" everything!

The leather library has a couple of books with quite a few handbag patterns .. 

https://www.leathercraftlibrary.com/p-1727-ideas-for-leather-projects-vol-1-1923.aspx?

https://www.leathercraftlibrary.com/p-1759-ideas-for-leather-projects-vol-2-1934.aspx

There are two volumes, and much of the same info in one is in the other (including that "mystery braid" thing).  I don't see that exact stamping pattern.. probably shipped on a free 'doodle page" back in 'the day'....

Edited by JLSleather

Jess Jones, yeah it should be fairly easy but I hate to reinvent the wheel if I can find a pattern.

JLS, thanks for the links. Now if there was only a way to see a pic of each of the handbags they list. lol

They sell 'em at Tandy.  Maybe just go take a look?

On 7/2/2017 at 9:22 PM, ETW Grumpy said:

retro purse.jpg

I think this was a Tandy pattern in the 70's. I was wondering if someone might have the pattern for sale or know where I could find it or one like it. Thanks.

Ooh! I knew it was going to be this purse!  All the gals in my family had these, along with Ivory macrame purses with fringe.  Both came from Juarez, Mexico.