AlexanderDyer

Is This Adler 167 Tension Assembly all Stock?

I went to thread this Adler 167 GK 373 and I was stumped, I haven't seen anything like this and after several searches apparently the interweb hasn't either. I suspect this was a work around but have you seen one like this. Faced with needing parts I wonder what a good source might be in the US. Thanks for any thoughts and input.

595a7dc59b7b9_ChandlerAdler167GK373-52.thumb.jpg.10c842db370b25b886a8168dfa60835b.jpg595a7dd795ee7_ChandlerAdler167GK373-51.thumb.jpg.6e8172c582cb643a560db90eb3f3dc70.jpg

ChandlerAdler 167 GK 373-47.jpg

Yes,it original both the single & double needles use the same back plate but the tension post on a single needle is usually on the leftside.

Edited by CowboyBob

Oh Sweet! So like this?

ChandlerAdler 167 GK 373-47-1.jpg

If your machine was a double needle you would have 2-posts(with the tension discs),one on the right & one on the left,on single needles it's on the left & yours is on the right.It really doesn't matter as long as it's working,which it will but I was just letting you know.

Thank you sir. I really appreciate your time and expertise.

This is what a standard Adler 167 tension unit looks like:

maxresdefault.jpg

Then I found this, just like yours:

adler167.jpg

Ha, the home-made looking double loop wire actually shows up in the Parts manual for the Adler 167-GK373:

Screen Shot 2017-07-03 at 3.52.05 PM.png

The bottom end of your wire should be inside the corresponding hole in the plate, not sit on top of the plate.

Edited by Uwe

I was going by a machine we had on the shelf.

Adler 167 tension pic.jpg

Ah, yes. I see, this is much better. That spring has been riding there a good long time apparently, judging by the divot it has worn into the plate. Much appreciation.

596008e10660c_ChandlerAdler167GK373-47-1.thumb.jpg.1127f3e406315bd76211bdfcaac3ede9.jpg

I have just the same machine, ADLER 167 - 73L

But I do the treathing (correct?) a little bit different.

Hi Leathermans,

reading this thread, I thought, may be someone out there does have what I'm looking for desperately:

I have got an old ADLER 167-373. Table, machine, belt and  all in actually good shape.

The only bitter pill with it: The whole tension plate (the ones we see in the pictures above) is missing!

Is there any gentleman out there who has a used one in the shelf somewhere and will give it away for an acceptable amount of money?

Would appreciate any offer!

Thx and hope to hear from You guys soon.

Hello ...My Alder looks like the (standard) green one..can you tell me what the lever on the right is for,,,mine doesnt seem to do anything

Thank you