DuaneBallard

Calfskin lace

Remember when you could buy calfskin lace that want absolute garbage? It seems like every supplier I've tried since Marcellus in California doesn't care what they sell. Is there a supplier I have missed possibly that actually takes pride in what they sell? Thank you for any leads!

Oh, yeah! I am SO waiting to hear some words of wisdom on this one!  I bought some Tandy Calfskin lace, but after looking at it...I don't see myself using it. Maybe, for practice, yeah, that will work.

5 hours ago, DuaneBallard said:

Remember when you could buy calfskin lace that want absolute garbage? It seems like every supplier I've tried since Marcellus in California doesn't care what they sell. Is there a supplier I have missed possibly that actually takes pride in what they sell? Thank you for any leads!

Depends on who you have tried.  I never recommend anything from Tandy though; quality of their products has been in the crapper for many, many years and it ain't gettin' any better.

Can't really think of any that provide quality lace anymore, I do use the Kangaroo lace from Springfield though and find it to be a huge step up from calf (I have always used calf up to the point I tried 'roo though).  Tough to find any quality materials anymore, or suppliers that stay in business.

Kangaroo lace I got from Weaver Leather was top notch.