Wizcrafts

Inline Cowboy presser feet on Cowboy CB4500

14 minutes ago, Wizcrafts said:

You have to lower the presser foot bar to get the short foot to hit the leather and cause the inside foot to alternate. The bar needs to come down about 1/8 to 3/16 inch.

I created a topic all about this foot set, including a video, under the topic: Inline Cowboy presser feet on Cowboy CB4500

Is this the whole and two screws your talking about? 

IMG_2729.JPG

No matter how I rotate the handle I can not get to the lower screw though the hole. 

Edited by Fire88

Yep, those screws secure the presser bar in position. Try raising the feet with the hand lift lever and see if you can get a screwdriver into the hole for one screw and under the hole for the other. If you can't get a bead on the screws, remove the 3 big screws and pull off the crank shaft.

1 hour ago, Wizcrafts said:

Yep, those screws secure the presser bar in position. Try raising the feet with the hand lift lever and see if you can get a screwdriver into the hole for one screw and under the hole for the other. If you can't get a bead on the screws, remove the 3 big screws and pull off the crank shaft.

Thanks Whiz much appreciated, I thought those were the screws described in your initial description. As I am new to these machines and I just bought this friday from Bob I don't wanna do something dumb and mess it up.

update: 

I got them working and set up properly, guess I can get the first two projects finished up now 

Edited by Fire88
Update

On 7/9/2017 at 1:25 PM, Wizcrafts said:

Note: It took me a good 20 minutes to switch over to the inline feet and get the presser and vibrating bar heights and thread tensions right. The more jobs I can do with them on, the happier I will be!

Wiz - I'm looking for some information about how to make this kind of adjustment (my outer foot is too high on my Artisan 4000) - can you point me at any references? 

With your reviewing the above information.  The following is a manual for your machine. For what its worth I think this is the most extensive manual printed by the companies making these 441 type machines. In addition they on their site have videos with some tips. Hope this helps with the above post.

http://www.artisansew.com/pdf/manuals/TORO_30_32_40_BT_manual.pdf

good day

Floyd

Edited by brmax

2 hours ago, brmax said:

With your reviewing the above information.  The following is a manual for your machine. For what its worth I think this is the most extensive manual printed by the companies making these 441 type machines. In addition they on their site have videos with some tips. Hope this helps with the above post.

http://www.artisansew.com/pdf/manuals/TORO_30_32_40_BT_manual.pdf

good day

Floyd

Thanks Floyd - this has the process for adjusting the height of the lift (via the banana adjuster) but what I need to do is remove a gap underneath the outer presser foot. Right now, when the foot is down, there is a 2mm gap between the bottom of the foot and the throat plate. Since there are different heights for the different throat plates I assume there is some way to raise or lower the entire rod but I'm nervous to start lostening bolts without knowing what they're for ;-)

Tom

2 hours ago, WeekendHobby said:

Thanks Floyd - this has the process for adjusting the height of the lift (via the banana adjuster) but what I need to do is remove a gap underneath the outer presser foot. Right now, when the foot is down, there is a 2mm gap between the bottom of the foot and the throat plate. Since there are different heights for the different throat plates I assume there is some way to raise or lower the entire rod but I'm nervous to start lostening bolts without knowing what they're for ;-)

Tom

Before changing anything inside the head, loosen the chain from the floor foot lifter pedal at the pedal end. If the foot was too high because of insufficient slack in the chain, it will be revealed if the foot drops down to the throat plate. Lengthen the chain and reconnect it so it has a modicum of slack when the foot is all the way down.

If this doesn't work, follow these instructions.

Download the manual as linked to by Floyd. Open the pdf and scroll down to section 4 "PRESSER BAR COMPONENTS" on page 22. There is an exploded view of the presser bar system. It shows two screws labeled as #7. Loosening these two screws frees the needle bar to move up and down. You can loosen them and pull the foot down to the throat plate. Straighten the foot around the inside foot and tighten down the screws. This could possibly throw off the alternating height balance between the inner and outer feet. That's another adjustment.

Artisan is still in business and may be able to assist you on the phone, in a chat, or via email.

YouTube at 6:50 for these presser feet

UWE's feet look real good, I was also eyeing up these, never seen them sold generic like this in any catalog. I could have used these for a customer not long ago that I really didn't have a solution for but think these feet would have helped a lot.

LeatherFeet111Wtype.jpg

On 2/24/2019 at 6:49 PM, Wizcrafts said:

<snip>

If this doesn't work, follow these instructions.

Download the manual as linked to by Floyd. Open the pdf and scroll down to section 4 "PRESSER BAR COMPONENTS" on page 22. There is an exploded view of the presser bar system. It shows two screws labeled as #7. Loosening these two screws frees the needle bar to move up and down. You can loosen them and pull the foot down to the throat plate. Straighten the foot around the inside foot and tighten down the screws. This could possibly throw off the alternating height balance between the inner and outer feet. That's another adjustment.

<snip>

Thanks Wiz - I don't know why I did not think to look at the parts diagram for a better understanding of the components. Lesson learned!

I would love to order 2 sets of the feet to go on 2  of the 441 clones that I import. Please call or email me with cost and availability?

Larry Lieberman 

1-800-438-0346 Ext 123

12 hours ago, Liebersew said:

I would love to order 2 sets of the feet to go on 2  of the 441 clones that I import. Please call or email me with cost and availability?

Larry Lieberman 

1-800-438-0346 Ext 123

I bought my inline feet from Toledo Industrial Sewing Machines. Their number is: 866-362-7397.

Is there anyone that has an alternative harness makers foot for an Adler 205-374? If you may even have the original set, I would be interested in buying them. Thanks. I enjoy reading and learning from your skills.