Constabulary

3:1 Speed reducer for EU customers

Not mine but I just found this on Ebay Germany.

Seller takes Paypal and accepts offers even free shipping inside Germany - not too bad.

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Kugellager-Drehzahlregler-fur-schwere-Industrienahmaschinen-/112456993576?hash=item1a2ef58b28:g:SVAAAOSw9GhYkdIk

You barely find them for sale on the continent...

Interesting. What advantages does this have over constructing your own with a 40 and 120mm pulley and some pillow block bearings?

3 hours ago, Matt S said:

Interesting. What advantages does this have over constructing your own with a 40 and 120mm pulley and some pillow block bearings?

Time!

Mechanically no advantage but some prefer "out of the box" things and don´t want to bubba something or don´t have the capabilities for making (f.i.) something hight adjustable. I wish I had this source a few years back but I`m pleased with what I have.

Matt, I've made a few different ones and the one big advantage that one has, in my opinion, is compactness. To make one like that you have to either cast your own pulley stack or figure out how to join different size pulleys plus machine it to take the bearing - not impossible, of course, but a lot of messing around, and time as Darren said.

Thanks for the advice guys, I've got a couple of machines I could do with putting a speed reducer on and this all helps. Think I might stick with the DIY solution myself, you should see some of the functional monstrosities I've fabricobbled to get the job done...

nothing wrong with DIY reducers - mine are DIY too (more or less). Just wanted to give a hint since the out of the box reducers are not widely spread on the continent.

I am not knocking the DIY versions as I love creating new things and seeing what others create!

As I do this for a living I have to look at the time involved - unfortunately

Thanks for the information,  when I was looking for a reducer I could only find them in the US so ended up making a homemade one before I had an idea about pulley belts...

As a Hobby sewer, 120 euros is too much...Especially as I could make one for free..... However, if it were 80 Euros I would not hesitate to buy one and not waste my time making one...

Hi,

Andreas Sieck in Bayreuth, Germany, sells them commercially for half the price. Mine was about 65 Euros. www.sieck.de

Greets Ralf C.

thanks Ralf!

That's a very nlce price I am going to have alook right how. What's the German word for speedreduCer?

cheers Alex

Indeed a gerat price! :huh: I think one possible term is "Vorgelege" but I´m sure they understand Speed Reducer very well since they sell international and I´m sure they speak your preferred language too ;)

Thanks for the word, butt-could not find it on their, website. Time for an email. Will let people know  the outcome.

Does anyone know when handwriting recognition Software  begins to work quickly? I an bored before I have finished. Hmm I think its something to do with Switching between English & German. I (driving me crazy

Edited by alexitbe

Just an update and now that I am back on a proper computer with a keyboard there should be no more spelling mistakes.

I have been quoted from Sieck 120 Euros including post and VAT.  Which is a shame... I had gotten my hopes up and had my hand in my pocket in anticipation   :)

Cheers

Alex

maybe they figured their "original" price was too low compared to the international market and have risen it.

Well, I have asked them to quote me a better price... Let's see what happens..

I would prefer to buy in Germany to be honest.  I try to support the local economy if the price difference is not too much.

ebay seller in post 1 accepts offers so I´d try 80€ and see what happens. He can make a counter offer then.

Hi Constab,

I have done as you suggested, let us see what happens...  I will keep you updated.

Cheers

Alex

Well, he responded quickly and has offered it for 100 Euros posted.

I am happy with that and will order from him.

Cheers

Alex

Edit:UPDATE:  I am just checking that does actually include postage... :)

Edited by alexitbe

Yes, it was 100 Euro including postage.

The guy responds very quickly and it should arrive by Saturday or Sunday.

I am impressed with the speed of service and the price is not bad either...

I will post pics if people wish, but the ebay URL has quite a few pics already...

Cheers

Alex