Hi, all,

I'm looking to find a decent stitch horse. Trouble is, I'm in New Zealand, and they seem to be rare as hens teeth here. So, I'm looking to find one of the following:

1) a stitch horse somewhere here in NZ

2) one from Australia, the USA, or even the UK that could be taken apart and shipped here in a box

3) decent plans for one, in order to have someone make one (and nope, not the plans from the old farm machinery book.. I have that book)

Best would be to find something that could be broken down and shipped here, but I'm up for anything. I was a saddlemaker in New Mexico for many years, so I know my way around a stitch horse and want to find a decent one. Even if the seat and legs aren't in great shape, as long as the jaws and the metal draw-down teeth are usable, I'd be okay with it. I can always make another seat.

Thanks a lot. 

best,

--john

On Etsy there is an Australian builder of ponies. If I can find it again i will send you the link.

Thanks for that link, Mattsbagger. Not exactly what I'm looking for, but I might go ahead and buy his plans anyway, just in case. Really wanting a classic old style stitch horse with a foot lever, preferably with deep jaws for saddle skirts. Thanks again.

best,

--john

4 hours ago, jegenes said:

Thanks, WRLC, those are really helpful.

best,

--john

No problem. I finally found the original on this site 

and made a better PDF file.

Stitching Horse Plan.pdf