This is a journal cover I made as a gift for my sisters birthday. I used common over the counter acrylic paint from walmart (because that is what I had on hand at the time). Sealed with Satin Sheen, and the image seems to be holding up well. Interested to see what it will look like as it ages. 

The two issues I have with this one is the pen holder! I realized I just hate the design and am going to do something different on the next one. Also, a tooth on my stitching fork bent, which caused some a funky stitching line on the final product. Going to look for some better quality tools here shortly.

Thanks for looking. 

FullSizeRender 2 copy.jpg

Nice looking paint job.  I have played around a little with acrylic paint on leather and it seems to be pretty durable even before it is sealed with a topcoat.  I guess it's all subject to how the article is used/handled how long before you see the paint wearing off.

Hello! I have recently been making journals to help make money for college. I've made 3 successful journals but I have not made a pen holder yet because I haven't found a design I like yet. Did you free hand the butterfly or use a pattern? What did you do for the inside? It looks very nice!