robert2891

Full Grain Leather supply in Europe needed

Good Evening all,

I am completely new to leather and have just been buying whole and part hides off eBay in order to get to know leather and practice working with it. I've been paying about £80 per hide, chrome tanned. I now know what I want (I think) but I don't really know where to buy. I ideally want a supplier in Spain as that is where I will need it shipped.

I'm looking for full grain veg tan around 2mm thick.

I have been in touch with Tandy which are based in Spain for their Europe outfit so that's perfect for shipping costs, however, their range seems limited and for the money they are asking, I don't want to part cash if there is a greater option out there which I'm sure there is and hoping one of you can help.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

In case someone has some advice, the leather is for tote style bags and similar. The handles are to be made from 2.8-3.2mm veg tanned Spanish shoulder single thickness. So if anyone has any other suggestions for types of leather for the bags, I would love to hear them.

Many thanks.:rolleyes:

You could try

buyleatheronline.com

they are in Italy, I am in the UK, from order to in hand 4/5 days and its good stuff.  They have more types of leather on their web site than you shake a stick at(English slang for a lot)

In the UK you have Metropolitan.co.uk , their stuff is good to.

Good hunting

Hello!

You could try Leather Cosmos.

https://www.leathercosmos.com/

They're located in Greece, their prices are great and they're very helpful. They have a large variety in leather, much larger than what is displayed on their site.

I shop from them all the time and I like their quality. 

Hope I could help :)

Search google ( or whoever ) for..
curtiduria españa

There are more tanneries actually in Spain "than you can shake a stick at"..

Thanks all. I'll check those out. I've recently bought from AA Crack in Shefield and I was very happy, but it would be good to find a more local supplier so thanks for the input.