JLSleather

Yet another "insurance" hustle..

Yet another blue gun supplier "bites the dust".  $42 per gun, which aint bad - only $3 above "wholesale" at Rings.  Then $10 shipping, meaning they're charging me $2.50 ot put it in a priority box.  Then almost another $10 for "insurance".   Wait.. what?@!#!??!  

Seriously people, you DO know that priority mail is ALREADY insured, right?

They could just raise the price of the gun, and charge reasonable shipping charges, but I guess maybe they rank lower in a search by price?  

So, again... this is for YOUR benefit...

you DO know that priority mail is ALREADY insured, right?

Zack White did the same thing to me a while back.  15 dollars to ship me 3 belt buckles.  Thankfully, they saw the error of their ways when I called and it was only 5.12 in total.

9 minutes ago, nstarleather said:

Yeah priority is up to $50 for free.

And "additional" insurance up to $200 is $3.35 

5 hours ago, JLSleather said:

And "additional" insurance up to $200 is $3.35 

Not to mention if they are shipping a bunch of stuff there are plenty of other more reliable insurers that charge less and actually pay no questions asks when you have a claim. Shipsaver insures $100 for $1..add $1 for every hundred..

If your shipping in the under $100 range your saving $2.40 per package. That adds up to a lot of beer money!

1 minute ago, JerseyFirefighter said:

to seem like the lowest price in town. 

Yeah, that's what I was thinkin' too.  Just tell me it's gonna be $55 (or more).  But that under the table sneaky crap that appears after the fact.. uhh.. no.

Granted, they would need my zip code to calculate shipping if not using flat rate boxes.. fair enough.  But this was way beyond that.