JLSleather

Holster VIDEOs 'n' stuff

Well, I wasn't looking so much for ideas so much as hoping that all the people "skipping around in videos" might comment or review one they liked (and why).  Idea is, instead of the standard self-promotion POOP which invades about everything we would instead end up with a list of quality information which might -- dare I say it -- save the next guy the trouble of so much "skipping around in videos"!

FROM THE SITE:

I would love to see a collection of useful leather working videos, and would gladly display it here.  By ‘useful’, I mean there are enough ‘self promotion’ videos out there already, and requiring payment to view it does not make it “worth more”.

When I first started these videos helped me with pattern making. This is the first of two videos. There's no music or anything just him showing how he makes a pattern. 

as for construction of holsters, there are a few by him as well, bit I liked adam's leather works videos and obviously Sam Andrews videos are great as well. 

For those who want to add this to the list of links, that would be this guy:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LkpV1COuc8&feature=youtu.be

I'd like to see this thread get back on track.

I know that there are a lot of self appointed "experts" on YouTube and when a person's just starting out they have to wade through a lot of not so good information and  that can be a confusing waste of time. 

I have my own YouTube channel and I invite advice, comments and opinions because there's always more to learn.

On the topic of pattern making, I've had 3 years of drafting and a year of mechanical drawing classes, I make my own patterns but I do know that there's lotsa good advice out there.

On 7/15/2017 at 0:02 PM, JLSleather said:

Okay, silly me -- I'll 'bite'.

I've clearly made a mistake... since charging money for something makes it "worth" more, all you folks been downloading those free patterns send me 10¢ each.  Not that I'm determined to bilk you outta the dime, but it will make the patterns "worth more" :rofl:

Okay, there's my light-hearted attempt at humor.  Now.. can we get back on the point of actually assisting other leather crafters, or is that just not going to happen here on LW?  I mean, if I've misunderstood and that's not the idea - just say so - I'll understand :rolleyes:

Actually, Mike - that's not necessarily what I'm talking about (though a guy could include that).  I'm talking about leather holsters.  Could be pattern making, could be pattern using, could be making holsters without a pattern, whatever.

In fact, I don't remember suggesting that it matters if it's free or paid. ↓

Checks in the mail :) maybe

Just to be CLEAR, another year later, and I still have NOT tired of those girls in the Allman Bros. video.  Jus' sayin'...

On 7/17/2017 at 9:33 AM, JLSleather said:

TWO videos I'd like to see, if anybody done already searched 'em out.

The one where somebody shows me how to determine the sizes/proportions for curved pancake holsters #curvedpancake

The one where somebody shows me how to make a holster without using a pattern at all.

Maybe both in one video?  Or separate, either way.

Still nuthin', eh? Heavy sigh ...