I have enbarked on another brain twisting re creation of a 1910 Swedish Mauser bandolier belt, I have an original and have made a pattern and finished the main body up, going to add Sam brown studs when I they arrive. 

Im finding it near nigh impossible to find the correct brass fitting to clip on around the waist though, I'll attach some photos, if anyone has a clue where to find it your thoughts are welcome :) thanks. 

IMG_2470.JPG

1 minute ago, goody2shoes said:

I have enbarked on another brain twisting re creation of a 1910 Swedish Mauser bandolier belt, I have an original and have made a pattern and finished the main body up, going to add Sam brown studs when I they arrive. 

Im finding it near nigh impossible to find the correct brass fitting to clip on around the waist though, I'll attach some photos, if anyone has a clue where to find it your thoughts are welcome :) thanks. 

IMG_2470.JPG

image.jpg

like it. try Springfield Leather Company or Weaver & Ohio travel bag for the buckles. SLC can order from Ohio at cost then sell to you so you don't have to order 150 buckles. Ohio has a minimum limit on the orders 

Is that brass just a sort of clip that holds pieces in place?

Bill

It's a brass clip/ hook that hooks onto a brass buckle on the other side to close it around the waist if that makes sense I'll try and get better photos 

I've haven't seen quite that style of closure before, I'd love to see pictures of both ends, open and closed. Nice work on your part, as always.

Ken

1 hour ago, 480volt said:

I've haven't seen quite that style of closure before, I'd love to see pictures of both ends, open and closed. Nice work on your part, as always.

Ken

image.jpeg

Grr having problems uploading photos, apparently they are too big, I'll figure it out :) 

Those period buckle clips are very hard to find indeed!

Do you know someone who can fabricate it from a small piece of brass sheet such as a silversmith or jeweler? Anyone who works metal should be able to do this for you.

Edited by Bonecross

17 minutes ago, Bonecross said:

Those period buckle clips are very hard to find indeed!

Do you know someone who can fabricate it from a small piece of brass sheet such as a silversmith or jeweler? Anyone who works metal should be able to do this for you.

Good idea, I do know a few metal workers so that is a route I could take if I can't salvage any, thanks :)