Dwight

Doc Holiday Shoulder Holster Pattern Needed

Ok, that's fine. I figured you would have several projects on your plate. Well, I'll send the measurements for that as soon as I can, I'm just waiting to get the pistol that I'm wanting to use for the measurements. Also, is there a chance that I could talk you into one more belt? My brother is a big Bonanza fan and would be interested in Little Joe's belt.

That would be quicker and easier . . . 

Measure his belt . . . from the outside of the edge of the buckle  . . .  to the hole he uses most . . . and get his jean's size.

Lemme know.

Also need to know what gun he plans to use.  AND . . . is he left handed or right handed??

May God bless,

Dwight

Edited by Dwight

Should I send the measurements via your email or by some other form of personal contact? Because this chat is open to the public, correct?

My email is good . . . check the PM up above . . .

May God bless,

Dwight

Edited by Dwight

I managed to sketch out the huckleberry rig that Kilmer wore. Its not like the rig shown on many sites. The gun side shoulder strap goes all the way around the gun shoulder and connects back to the holster furtherdown the straight side of the holster. Mid way the offside strap connects to the gun strap. That same offside strap goes over the off shoulder and straight down to connect with the waist strap. the waist strap goes all the way around the waist.  There is no ring or butterfly at the neck in the rear.
From the holster, I extended the rear piece to offer two attachments. One oriented up for the shoulder and the other for the waist. Towards the bottom of the holster I have an attachment for the waist strap and the rear of the gun strap. The offshoulder strap is thin, say 3/4" with a buckle. The gun strap is thicker and you can add bullet loops. I did 1" for the waist and 1 3/4" for shoulder.

If you take a couple belts and sit and think about it you can come up with how it attaches based upon the few pics of Kilmer wearing it. Good luck.

I've made a couple......they have to be the most comfortable shoulder rig I've ever worn. 

However...on the historical side, that rig is a Hollywood creation. Doc never used one. His 77 Lightning was carried in his front pants pocket. Doc was "very cosmopolitan"....

The pistol is in a private collection in Tombstone. 

Does this pattern still exist? I tried finding link but it no longer worked. Love the design. 

Not sure why all the pages of this won’t link. I copied and pasted a link from a leatherwork.net page. I have the hole pattern printed out if it’s lost. My net skills are slipping. 

Edited by 327fed