johnggrg

Help with Tandy archery pattern pack 1909

He everyone. I was wondering if anyone has made the Tandy archery pattern pack 1909?  The pattern does not show where to place the strap on the quiver. I am right handed. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. John

I am guessing the seam runs up the side of the quiver.  Just not sure where the proper placement of the strap would go. It gives you a choice between using one strap or two. But one is enough. I have never made an arrow quiver before so since the pattern doesn't say I thought I would ask. Thank you. John

Never made the pack. But my suggestion would be to use a strap or belt and just hold in place and see what works for you. Also look in the other specialties section. Lots of archery stuff on there.

Edited by Mattsbagger

Thank you for the reply. Well I have this cut out and ready to be put together. I was wrong it looks like the seam will go against my back.  Looks like thats what I will have to do. John

I have to say. For as long as this Tandy pattern has been out I would have thought someone here had made one before. But I guess since no one has chimed in I guess not. Evan the strap pattern that comes with it is messed up shows it finished with hardware on it. Instead  of an actual pattern. But then has a pattern of an extension with holes in it. No instructions at all on how that should go together either.  I have looked at other ones out there to see how there straps connected most go straight up and down the back side of the quiver. But that would put it on top of the seam of the quiver. So does anyone have this pattern and can look at it and give me some ideas on how this all goes together( strap) mainly?      Thank you. John

John,

I have a digital copy of that pattern pack and also shoot a traditional long bow. The pattern does show where to put the straps.

Basically, With your back piece cut and the flesh side up, the top strap piece is stitched on the top right had side of the piece, flesh side up.

The bottom strap piece is stitched on the bottom closer to the center of the back piece at a small angle, flesh side up.

When the seam is stitched and the strap assembled, the seam will be pointing to the left (not laying on your back). The bottom of the quiver will be on your left, the top will be on your right.

You should see the strap locations on the pattern.

I hope this helps.

15 hours ago, WRLC said:

John,

I have a digital copy of that pattern pack and also shoot a traditional long bow. The pattern does show where to put the straps.

Basically, With your back piece cut and the flesh side up, the top strap piece is stitched on the top right had side of the piece, flesh side up.

The bottom strap piece is stitched on the bottom closer to the center of the back piece at a small angle, flesh side up.

When the seam is stitched and the strap assembled, the seam will be pointing to the left (not laying on your back). The bottom of the quiver will be on your left, the top will be on your right.

You should see the strap locations on the pattern.

I hope this helps.

WRLC thank you for the reply. The photos that come on pattern came out really dark when printed hard to see any real detail. The pattern don't have strap placement on it that was why I asked. So are you saying the top strap is sewed on to the flesh side? I know this may be to much to ask but could you give me or post a diagram of what you mean. Seam going to the left. That is really good to know.  Like I said photos were to hard to see in my print. But there are no placement marks on the pattern itself. Also I was thinking of using a strap that will be made more like a guitar strap for it. The type that has slots that you weve the smaller end of the strap threw to make it longer or shorter. Hope you know what I mean by that. As I said I have never made one of these or even shot a bow. I wanted to make this for my nephew who is starting to get interested in bow shooting. Ounce I know where I need to put the strap ends I can tool and assemble it. I truly thank you for any and all help you can give me. Thank you. John

2 hours ago, johnggrg said:

John,

Sorry, I need to do a reset. I have my pattern packs mixed up. Mine is the 6027 pack with a quiver, bow case and other stuff.

The 1909 pack is slightly different. It does look like the seam if on the back, not on the side. Regardless, for proper fit on a right handed archer, the top strap will connect at the center or just left of center when you are looking at it on the back. The bottom strap connects on the far left. With this, the quiver sits on an angle across the back from left to right when looking at the archers back.

I have attached a couple of pics of an experimental "work in progress" I am doing that I think shows this.

For a strap, I lean towards simple since once they are set they rarely get changed. I like Conway buckles for the task.

Is you have any pics of your progress, I could have a look and mark the strap position if you like.

You can see more quivers at www.3riversarchery.com. Search for leather back quivers in their search box.

Back Quiver 01.jpg

Back Quiver 02.jpg

I figured it out and have pictures but pics are to big to load up here and don't know how to make them smaller to show everyone. I would like to thank everyone for there help with this. I came up with a strap that can be attached straight to the bottom of quiver or be attached to a matching waist belt. Loading pics on here has always been a problem for me because I don't know how to make them big enough to load here. Not tech savvy at all. My pics are all more then double the size aloud. John

I resize pictures by emailing them to myself, saving them on my i-phone, then resending them back at a reduced size. Don't know if it works the same with an android device.

On 9/10/2017 at 2:23 PM, 480volt said:

I resize pictures by emailing them to myself, saving them on my i-phone, then resending them back at a reduced size. Don't know if it works the same with an android device.

Thanks for the info it worked. Si I came up with a tab like I used on top of quiver for the bottom. It has a hole that the strap can be attached straight to the bottom if the belt is not wanted or it also has a loop that the belt can go threw and the strap then gets attached to the belt. So it can be worn with the belt or not. It's all made of 8-9 oz leather but the straps are 5-6 oz. John

20170827_150518.jpeg

The back was stitched and then covered by lacing over it.

20170827_150557.jpeg

looks great, nice job!