Thanks to those who chimed in in my last thread. I have been trying to do some research on the Techsew 2750 and the Cobra Class 26. A rundown of what I am looking to do with a machine,  I want to primarily make bags, and moccasin style shoes. 2 maybe 3 layers of 6-8 oz softer temper leather. I also like to stitch designs on to webbing belts (2 layers of seat belt webbing). The likelihood of me making a holster or sheath out of leather is slim to none. I might venture into leather belts.  So here is where I am going to ask for help.

What is the difference between them, I like the stand and speed reducer on the class 26. According to the linked thread the cobra uses juki lu bobbins and singer 111 walking feet. I like the fact that those seem off the shelf. I would like a needle position sensor and servo and a seam guide like the techsew 2750 can be set up with. Are the feet and the bobbins for the techsew 2750 off the shelf too or are they specific to techsew? I can clearly see that techsew has top notch customer service, how about cobra? With all the similarities I start getting swayed by the price and there is a widening gap between the cobra and the variants of the techsew. I am pretty sure one of these will be my first industrial sewing machine but it won't be my last. While I am not looking for a super deal, I am looking to wisely spend my money.

I have only previously used a pfaff 545 & 1245 and several home machines

I have high technical skills/ very handy and am not shy/opposed to modifying or tuning a machine

I know my weaknesses are long straight lines and over or under running where I want to go because I am horrible at guessing where my needle/target is under the presser foot. So access to cheap presser feet to modify is a plus.

I would like to get a machine in the next month so please help me understand what is going on, the pros and the cons. If you know of a good article, post or video link it or pm me.

Thanks I need all the help I can get.

You can call Cobra Steve and ask him for details about how his Cobra 26 will help your business model. Do the same with Techsew. Our sewing machine dealers want to sell the best machine for the job, whatever that might be.

This Cobra 26 machine is very new to us. Very few members have one as of now.

I can tell that the cobra is a less common machine, I was hoping to get some first hand info from people making things. It isnt that I inhearently distrust salesmen, it is just that their job is to sell something, I have to take what they say with a grain of salt. Member Gregspitz had some helpful things and I am just looking for more things along those lines. It isnt like IF I bought the "wrong" machine I wouldnt get out from under it I just dont want to waste the time and energy. I will call them shortly I am just trying to gather as much information so I can ask good questions. Better Questions = Better Answers. I am also just curious about Cobra's customer service in general, everyone says Techsew's is top notch that said it is also factored into the price of the machine. If they were the exact same price and on the same stands both with speed reducers I would run screaming to the techsew, but with nearly a $250 (+$130 for the speed reducer=$380 apples to apples) price difference at the base models and a $750 (and still $130 for the speed reducer) gap between the 2750PRO and the cobra 26, that is a lot of leather and other supplies.

Edited by tomsmith85717

I can't comment on the machines, but I have seen these vendors answer questions on their competitors machine's here. They all seem to be on the up and up about helping folks.

So, I wouldn't worry about getting a hard sales pitch from any of them. Give'em a call.

Tomsmith: I'm not sure if an opinion from someone you don't know is helpful but the people at the Leather Machine Company are the best "people" in the buisness. I say people because they aren't salesman. Cobra Steve started this company coming from the background of servicing industrial sewing machines so "sales" is not his forte, he focuses on quality and making sure people are happy with their machines for the life of the machine. From what I know you can contact them at anytime and someone will be more than happy to discuss your sewing needs and see if one of their machine is right for you, no sales pitches at all. I hope that is helpful in some why, in the end a simple call to them costs nothing and will probably have to taking some education from it. 

I have a Cobra 4 and have gotten excellent service from Steve, and other staff as well, over the phone and at the Pendleton show.  The machine has been solid too after 4 years of use. --John