I have the JLS Leather pattern for the Glock 19, 23, 32. I recently have been called upon to make a holster for a Glock 22. I noticed on JLS's website the pattern is now listed as 17, 22, 31, 19, 23, 32. Are these pistols all the same size or is there a size/length option on the "new" pattern?

Jeff, can you help a brother out?? :dunno:

Thanks!!

According to Glock's website, both the G22 and G17 have an overall length of 7.95 inches and a barrel length of 1.48".

The frames in Glock are all similar, so the pattern should work just fine.

The 17/22/31 are the full length slides while the 19/23/32 are the mid length slides. Only the length of the slides/barrels are different between the two groups. But while a G19 will work in a holster made for a G17, the G17's muzzle will stick out of a holster made specifically to fit the G19.

The 17 is about 1/2" longer on both the muzzle and the grip.  Or maybe it's 12 mm? Otherwise, same gun.  Glock don't like to change out the tooling at the factory.. just make all the frames the same ;)

I've done most of my patterns more than one way.  Mostly just cosmetic changes, but sometimes it's an actual "tweak". Or like this one where I used to make it in 8/9 oz, and somewhere along the line I decided I wanted it in 7/8 oz.  Maybe I was making something else in 7/8 and didn't want to change out the tooling? :o

Fortunate for the leather 'community', I am the only one who sometimes finds room for improvement -- the rest of you fellas ('n' gals) got it down pat ;)

Jon.jpg

Incidentally, I laid out this pattern and the watermark over it.

The watermark takes more 'knowins' ..

Sending 'stuff' Jon ...

@JLSleather How would you recommend adapting your pattern(s) to include a thumb break? I have some customers (Including my father) who desire them.