KingsCountyLeather

Interesting very good quality clicker die

I purchased some leather tools that an 85 yo man was finished with... he said he was tired of making leather belts. As I picked up the tools he was still making another belt for someone!! 

Among the tools was a leather clicker, it is for holding a D ring on leather bags. I've searched the internet but haven't found anything as good a quality as this? Anyone know more about this die?

image.jpg

That is a forged press knife. They are much more expensive than the steel rule dies we are more used to but supposedly last much longer.

It is quite heavy... unless you were reckless I would think it would last for ever.

im in the middle of purchasing a used 20 tone clicker press, I will check it out on that.

I have a 25ton clicking press for sale, just finished being refurbished and works great. Located in bend Oregon. 

1 hour ago, westcoasters said:

I have a 25ton clicking press for sale, just finished being refurbished and works great. Located in bend Oregon. 

Why are you getting rid of it?

Looks like this die has a spring loaded fibreboard insert which should automatically push the piece out of the die once pressure is relieved. This productivity piece should cost a fortune.

59 minutes ago, DrmCa said:

Looks like this die has a spring loaded fibreboard insert which should automatically push the piece out of the die once pressure is relieved. This productivity piece should cost a fortune.

It does push the leather out.

Even if it was never used for clicking leather again... it would make a great paper weight! Lol.

1 hour ago, DrmCa said:

I laugh at myself every time I see it. I bought a few dies and saw there was foam inside. They were all a little more than half pushed into the die. I figured they were for protecting the sharp edges during shipping. By happenstance, the nice lady at the die shop mentioned the dies included the foam ejection mold... and all of that time wasted removing clicked parts came crashing into my time pressured, business minded head. Luckily I left them all under the clicker on a shelf. :):rolleyes2:

I am curious since this is posted in the for sale things that cut area of the forum... Is this item for sale and still available? If so, what is the price?

Thank you, Kevin

3 hours ago, klstclair said:

I am curious since this is posted in the for sale things that cut area of the forum... Is this item for sale and still available? If so, what is the price?

Thank you, Kevin

I didn’t realise I’d inserted this in the for sale area?? I was only looking for some information...

Sorry, its not for sale. 

6 hours ago, KingsCountyLeather said:

I didn’t realize I’d inserted this in the for sale area?? I was only looking for some information...

Sorry, its not for sale. 

Moved it to leather machinery / clickers

Tom