Whit30

Needing pattern for Buck 110 and 112

Hello everyone, I am not having any luck finding paterns for a Buck 110 and 112. Can anyone help me with locating these? I really am wanting the automatic opening sheath but if I can locate a good standard sheath as well that would be great. Thanks so much in advance!

There are some designs for the classic Buck knives in Al Stohlman's first case making book. More significantly there are techniques on how to develop one's own patterns for any knife and any purpose.

Thank you for your time and answer!

Perhaps you have tried it but a Google image search for "Buck 110 custom leather sheath" results in a wide selection of the good, the bad and they ugly.

Thank you Plinker! I appreciate it!!

I found some interesting sheaths on Youtube for your project. Some of them were very detailed. Hope this helps some.

I traced this out after watching YouTube on quick draw knife sheaths.  Ill try to upload pics of finished product

20170728_124826.png

20 minutes ago, Vaelloc said:

I traced this out after watching YouTube on quick draw knife sheaths.  Ill try to upload pics of finished product

20170728_124826.png

Screenshot_20170728-130756.jpg

Had to zoom in on these pics because the file size was you big

20170728_125535.png

Vaelloc,

If I read the pic correct the knife is sitting in the sheath partially open with the blade tip exposed and when you draw it should open almost fully? not sure how you resheat the knife to get it into this condition.....unless the top hardware is a snap but looks like a rivet...

also seems the sheath is on the belt horizontally... blade tip down?

Is that correct?

22 minutes ago, plinkercases said:

Vaelloc,

If I read the pic correct the knife is sitting in the sheath partially open with the blade tip exposed and when you draw it should open almost fully? not sure how you resheat the knife to get it into this condition.....unless the top hardware is a snap but looks like a rivet...

also seems the sheath is on the belt horizontally... blade tip down?

Is that correct?

You can store knife partially open for quick draw where it opens fully. Or closed the knife fits snug.  Both are snaps but top snap has nylon washer as to not dull blade. This one is horizontal blade tip down. But I've seen vertical with belt clip with blade tip facing back.  Hope i answered your question.   

1 hour ago, Vaelloc said:

You can store knife partially open for quick draw where it opens fully. Or closed the knife fits snug.  Both are snaps but top snap has nylon washer as to not dull blade. This one is horizontal blade tip down. But I've seen vertical with belt clip with blade tip facing back.  Hope i answered your question.   

Sorry. Both are rivets not snaps. 

Yup answered the questions thanks. To each there own but I wouldn't carry this way personally. My sheaths are more about protecting me or the owner than the knife and I don't carry for self defence so a quick draw to full open blade isn't a requirement for me.

33 minutes ago, plinkercases said:

Yup answered the questions thanks. To each there own but I wouldn't carry this way personally. My sheaths are more about protecting me or the owner than the knife and I don't carry for self defence so a quick draw to full open blade isn't a requirement for me.

Yeah I work with the fire dept and it's been useful a time or 2  for cutting seatbelts.   Other than that I wear it with the knife in the closed position.   I wear my first sheath I ever made. It's not pretty but I'm proud of it. I'll see if they let me post pictures. 

20170419_192305.jpg

it as stood the test of time. I love old worn leather pieces. and I am a buck 110 fan. I need to give mine a sharpening and polish this summer.

the quick response need for the blade makes sense in your job. glad it has helped save lives and thanks for doing that job.

8 hours ago, plinkercases said:

it as stood the test of time. I love old worn leather pieces. and I am a buck 110 fan. I need to give mine a sharpening and polish this summer.

the quick response need for the blade makes sense in your job. glad it has helped save lives and thanks for doing that job.

Thank you.    Yes the buck 110 has never failed me. I also got an old timer. Both really good knives.