JLSleather

Okay, I'm not getting it

In the news today, some "bathroom bill" in TX?  Some picture of a 'transgender' boy.

Now... I'm lost.  There was a LGBT. THen there was a LGBTQ.  Then something else (I lost track).  And there's 'transgender' and 'gendersomthingelse'.. 

I don't know.. is a "transgender" boy a kid who is a boy, or a kid who wants to be a boy, or one who used to be a boy...? WTH?

I'm just simple. My baby girl is 9.  First time somebody with "boy" parts comes in the bathroom she's using, is not going to go well.

OTHER NEWS, the Minneapolis police chief resigned amid all the poo -- apparently got asked to resign (depending on which news channel is on).  And the woman is still dead, in case you were wondering.  And she may have tapped on the squad car when they arrived -- which might make sense considering she's the one who called them. Twice.  

http://www.startribune.com/bca-warrant-in-damond-killing-reveals-woman-slaps-squad-car/436511073/

Normally, I would have simply continued on in that other thread, but there's a "smilley" in the title, and none of this is funny or amusing.

Edited by JLSleather

I live in Texas and I am confused as well. As I understand it, the term transgendered refers to an individual that does not agree with their birth gender. For example a person born with male genitalia wants to identify as being a girl and / or a person born with female genitalia wanting to identify as being a male.

Texas is currently battling the issue with transgendered person’s use of public restrooms. The federal government started this issue way back when and several states have mandated the “transgendered restroom”. The problem with this is they (transgendered) feel they are being singled out in life

I agree with JLS on this issue – I have a problem with a 40 year man dressed as a woman going into the lady’s room that my daughter or wife may be in, just because he claims to be transgendered.

If a person has male parts, HE should have to go to the “men’s” restroom and if a person has female parts, then SHE should go to the “lady’s” restroom. It should not matter as to what gender they relate to, but with what parts they are born with…

Now this is my opinion and each person is entitled to his or her opinion…

Edited by K5HEP

Agree with all this! There's two genders in this world. Make and female with the rare exception of hermephadite. However you spell it. All this trouble started when a lot of these crazy asylums started closing down. Idc if it's s male police officer going in ladies restroom where my sister mother or wife is,and he better be ready to draw his pistola. I respect officers with the utmost respect so don't mistake that, jus sayin i dun care who it is going in there as long as they're all female. Even Bruce Jenner couldn't outrun me if he went in. 

Now you've gone and done it Jeff, you forgot about the pansexual and asexual in your alphabet soup ;) When I was a kid (and no, we won't go into how long ago that was), you were either a boy, a girl or you were gay. Now, there are more letters in that alphabet soup then you can shake a stick at. It's no wonder the kids growing up today need safe spaces to retreat to when someone says something they don't like, words hurt them more then sticks and stones do and they grow up confused from the time they are born.

Oh, and transgendered means they were born with a stick shift but feel like they should have a slot machine which is supposedly different then being a guy and being gay :shrug:

Edited by Halitech

Here's the way I see it. There are two genders, male and female. And then there's gay. I'm not saying I agree with being gay but they aren't pretending to be something they're not. When you start getting into transgender, it really becomes a mental disorder. If you want to know the finer details of that search Youtube for Ben Shapiro, he'll clarify the transgender mental disorder for you. I'm ok with the idea that someone wants to pretend they're of a different gender than what they were born with. I wish them all the luck in the world finding the mental help they need to work through that issue. However, the problem lies in the civil rights movement. The movement of civil rights as it pertains to transgender is that someone wants to pretend they are not the gender they were born with, AND all their problems would just go away if everyone else pretended the same thing. In other words, I have a mental disorder and if you just play along with my mental disorder all the problems will go away. 

Unfortunately, there is absolutely no scientific data to back that up. In fact, the data suggests the mental disorder that leads them to the conclusion that they are no longer their original gender also leads to a whole host of other issues such as suicide. Suicide rate in the US is at about 4%. Suicide rate in the transgender community is close to 40%. We need to treat the issue at the root, not put a bandaid over the issue by saying "A male can go into a female restroom in Walmart." and expect the entire problem to solve itself. 

Okay, I looked it up, and now may be a bit more confused. :o  Here's the thing, if you hear me say I'm "transitioning", I mean I got one foot in my truck and I'm about to step up :rofl:

At this point, I'm willing to say that it's simply not my problem

Hey -- I'm not opposed to equal rights, but I'm not in for extra rights.

• If you fatten a 'straight' guys lip, that's a simple assault, which up this way used to be a fine (no matter why I know that).
  • Do the exact same thing to a 'transgender', and you're looking at 10 years in federal prison for a 'hate crime'.

WHAT THE E!@#$%!

And you don't get to go in the girl's bathroom because you "feel like" you should have been a girl.  Hey.. I "feel like" I should have been born filthy rich..is it okay if I steal?#!!#$%@!

Avoid the confusion, just pee on a tree.

11 minutes ago, CaptQuirk said:

Avoid the confusion, just pee on a tree.

Do most everyday! Joys of living in the backwoods of rural America!!

Just now, Clintock said:

Do most everyday! Joys of living in the backwoods of rural America!!

You ever notice how the garden center at the WalMart gets real mad when you do that?

Vary sad to see this discussion here.  All of your questions could easily be answered if you only took the time to try to understand (netflix is a great resource).

You any your children have been sharing bathrooms with transgendered people your entire life  See, that's the thing ... 99% of the time you would never know.  This issue is one that was fabricated by some hateful politicians that like to claim God as their own, but are anything but Christian.

Please keep your ignorance and hate off of these forums.  For you never know who may be reading :(

Thank you, @cjartist 

Netflix has info on TX legislation?  Or info on 'them'?

25 minutes ago, cjartist said:

ee, that's the thing ... 99% of the time you would never know.  

That would be fine -- you know, where I never knew.  And my daughter never knew.  In which case, there's no issue for me.  So why would anybody need to know?  And if nobody knows, then what possible reason would there be for legislation?  And even if there was legislation, it couldn't be enforced UNLESS people "know" (hint:  when you sue for what you call discrimination, you tell on yourself, in which case, I would know).

And I don't want to know -- that's my point.

Edited by JLSleather

1 minute ago, JLSleather said:

And if nobody knows, then what possible reason would there be for legislation?  

26 minutes ago, cjartist said:

This issue is one that was fabricated by some hateful politicians that like to claim God as their own, but are anything but Christian.

I answered this already and recopied here for you.  The real reason is that it is a political wedge issue.  And that is all I will say on that.

And YW Uwe :)

Edited by cjartist

Nope, not buyin that.  I'll make it simpler.  

• IF THERE AREN"T any boys trying to use the girl's bathroom, WHAT would be the point of legislation saying boys can't? , and other hand,
  • IF THERE ARE any boys trying to use the girl's bathroom, then we would know.  In fact, that's WHY we know about it at all.

Please, if there are any moderators in the house ... please stop this hurtful thread before I say something to get myself blackballed.  Thank you.

I think you are correct.. I'm mixing in the wrong kind of people.  

Let's make it clear that I'm not the same as those who want posts they don't agree with removed.  Easiest way to do that?  Just close / cancel / discontinue my account. 

Please have the courtesy - at teh same time - to just eliminate any content I may have posted (doesn't seem to be a way for me to do it, though it should be effortless).  You know .. in or out .. all or nothing.

If even the appearance of having anything to do with ... any of that ... I'll pass, thanks ;)  Much better to share content from my own site anyway.

Edited by JLSleather

Hay Jeff, I guess YOUR right to free speech is not as important as some one who cant CHANGE THE CHANLE when there  feelings are hurt

Well now... I have opinions, you have opinions, we all have opinions. I will NOT hold my tongue when something is 100% wrong regardless if it gets me banned from here or not. Still fairly new here so it's no big deal. If I know there's a feller in the same restroom with the REAL girls of my family I'm going in after them bottom line! I will agree it is all political. Political correctness has ruined this country. Everyone scared they will hurt someone's feelings. Well that BS don't cut it with me. And since God was brought into this, did He make a mistake by letting a female be born with male parts? I THINK NOT! 

:17:   while I'm sure I wouldn't be missed I won't stay where my thoughts cant be heard either. And Clintock is correct in saying its wrong.

Edited by JD62

I'm shutting this down because it's become ugly. This isn't the place to discuss this subject.