Rockoboy

Looking for parts and info

I have a disabled Toyota DT6 feed-off-the-arm sewing machine. Apparently parts have not been made since 1998, and I have a broken 'take up lever' Toyota part No. 2210102-021. 

If anybody has this part and would be willing to part with it, I would like to hear from them.

Alternatively, the Consew 355 AND Toyota 255 sewing machines both have an identical part that would fit. Any Consew dealers that have what I need, please drop me a line.

ad_4_1500213792437.jpg

ad_0_1500213792410.jpg

ad_3_1500213792433.jpg

Do you have a part number?

The only part No. I have is detailed above from my Toyota machine.

Possibly somebody with a Consew 355 parts list might be able to assist.

Thanx for your attention.

Brother made a DT6-B926 that should be the same machine. The Brother part # is 182108001 for the take up assembly. My supplier shows it's available for around $170 usd. If you can get a close up picture of the take-up lever I can compare it to the one in the Brother parts book.

Regards, Eric

Thanx Eric. My machine is in the shop at the moment, so getting a pic is slightly difficult, but I will definitely be trying.

That also gives me another lead to follow up locally, as no Toyota parts are available. Maybe Brother parts are more easily obtainable.

Kindest regards 

Brian 

I checked that part# out w/my supplier & they say Brother has discontinued it,so maybe someone has some old stock?

Bloody hell Brian another importer asked me to take some feed off the arm machines off his hands for free a few months back.

I've got a Singer 231-25 that I'll be scrapping out soon. Post a picture of your take up lever when you get a chance. 

Regards, Eric 

On ‎30‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 6:21 PM, Darren Brosowski said:

Bloody hell Brian another importer asked me to take some feed off the arm machines off his hands for free a few months back.

Ohh well, that's how things go sometimes. Some you win and some you don't.

23 hours ago, gottaknow said:

I've got a Singer 231-25 that I'll be scrapping out soon. Post a picture of your take up lever when you get a chance. 

Regards, Eric 

I will definitely do that thanx Eric. At the moment, the repair shop is trying to get some information, parts etc out of Japan.

On 7/30/2017 at 5:00 AM, gottaknow said:

Regards, Eric 

Eric,

Tried to send you a message, but your box must be full...

John

I finally managed to get a pic of my broken Take Up Lever for my DT6. If anybody has something like this, or very similar, I am very interested in making a deal.

Thank you for looking.

Take up lever DT6.jpg

I'll take a look through all the parts I have for these types of machines. Honestly, if it were mine I'd braze it back together since it's a non-stress part. Even silver solder would hold it. I use a 00 or 000 tip for brazing on small parts like this. 

Regards, Eric 

I thought the same thing. A MAPP torch and some silver solder from Bunnings plumbing section should do it.

I am still chasing a Take Up Lever for my chainstitch, feed-off-the-arm machine.

Does anybody have one the same as pictured (hopefully not in 2 pieces)!

Take up lever DT6.jpg

Have you thought about just making one up out of a bit of stainless?.

I have thought about making one or repairing the broken one, but "buying off the rack" is my preferred option.

Unfortunately, Brian, living in Oz as we do, when it comes to repairing old machines the only two options we sometimes have are the first two. Good luck with your search, though.