I swear I had been mulling over making a box by riveting it before I saw Retswer's at http://leatherworker.net/forum/topic/76655-riveted-rivet-box/ , that being said I did take some tips from what was said on his thread and made sure to skive my flaps down.  This is a pretty small box, less than 2" x 2".  The lid is actually wood from mitered frames with a scrap of leather glued onto the bottom.  I think it turned out pretty well for a mach 2 (mach one turned out to not be feasible)

2017-07-28 09.36.02.jpg

2017-07-28 09.36.40.jpg

I like the look of that!  When I first looked at the lid I was wondering what you had used for a patina on the leather on top "rivets".  Nice work.

Very cool! I like the decorative edges you used on the flaps. Do you have an intended purpose in mind for the box?

On 7/28/2017 at 9:45 AM, CTaylorJr said:

I like the look of that!  When I first looked at the lid I was wondering what you had used for a patina on the leather on top "rivets".  Nice work.

Haha, yeah that was just a fortunate coincidence!  The "rivets" along the top are actually plaster, like most frames with decorations like that.  (the exception being hardwood frames that sometimes have everything carved into the surface)

21 hours ago, Retswerb said:

Very cool! I like the decorative edges you used on the flaps. Do you have an intended purpose in mind for the box?

Thanks!  I realized in retrospect that they look like a cat peeking sideways over the edge, so I made sure to place the rivets in a spot that didn't make them look like eyes. ;) No real set purpose for it, although a quilter told me that the box she bought from me would be used to hold all the tiny thread scraps as she's working on a quilt so they wouldn't keep getting everywhere until she got around to throwing them out.  

4 hours ago, kiwican said:

that's neat Grey

Thanks!  

Always been a fan of your work and was cool to see you on this site when I joined up!

Cool

Great job.