An elderly gent lost (or it was stolen) his inexpensive holster he had for his S&W stainless 686.

A mutual friend asked me to make him a holster so he could carry it when he needed to.

This was the product, . . . figuring it will probably be his last holster, . . . did something a bit different for him.

May God bless,

Dwight

686 ted bronson 1.JPG

686 ted bronson 2.JPG

686 ted bronson 3.JPG

686 ted bronson 4.JPG

Nice!

That looks real nice!  I don't think you'd have to be elderly for that to be your last holster; looks built to last for years.  

What keeps the band on (the one with the star)?  Does the hammer strap keep it from sliding down?

Did you use a full length welt?

My very next project is a full western rig for a 686.  I think I'm going to be referring to your pics for general guidance on how to make the mainsteam stitch line flow - because yours does it very well.  

Edited by dakotawolf

17 minutes ago, dakotawolf said:

That looks real nice!  I don't think you'd have to be elderly for that to be your last holster; looks built to last for years.  

What keeps the band on (the one with the star)?  Does the hammer strap keep it from sliding down?

Did you use a full length welt?

My very next project is a full western rig for a 686.  I think I'm going to be referring to your pics for general guidance on how to make the mainsteam stitch line flow - because yours does it very well.  

Yes, . . . hammer strap keeps the band in place, . . . band keeps the loose end of the hammer strap in place, . . . each does for the other.

I pretty much always use a full length welt, . . . John Bianchi taught that, . . . works for me.  I have added a second one very very occasionally to add width up at the trigger guard area, . . . but usually one will do, . . . sometimes it is a bit tapered, . . . just depends.

Thanks for the good words, may God bless,

Dwight

Absolutely love it!!!

The lines flow so cleanly and the entire holster is laid out like a work of art. If that came to me it would be my last holster because I would never carry anything else. If imitation is the greatest form of flattery then consider yourself flattered in about two weeks. I am going to try to copy that but I am sure I will fall short. Great job!!!!

48 minutes ago, x101airborne said:

Absolutely love it!!!

The lines flow so cleanly and the entire holster is laid out like a work of art. If that came to me it would be my last holster because I would never carry anything else. If imitation is the greatest form of flattery then consider yourself flattered in about two weeks. I am going to try to copy that but I am sure I will fall short. Great job!!!!

What are you going to put in it?

May God bless,

Dwight

A Smith 58. It is an N frame double action with fixed sights in 41 Magnum. 4 inch barrel.

I like it, and you just don't see many hammer thongs these days. I have done 3 holsters with them. I like the simplicity.

Great work, Dwight. I agree with CaptQuirk...the hammer thongs are nice on those types of holsters.