leatherman54

Line 20 snaps, not Tandy

Hello all, we have the sturdy red snap setter from Tandy, but would like to source snap hardware from elsewhere.  Any recommendations on good, made in US brands that will work with this Tandy hardware, without a new die set if possible?  We are using these primarily on 8-10 and 10-12 belts, and have hopes that we can be guided by your experiences here.

Finding "Made in USA" snaps and rivets is venture all its own; however, there is a supplier for solid brass rivets and snaps (they do come in a wider range of finishes than Tandy would ever offer) and they are very top quality.  The source for them is Buckle Guy (www.buckleguy.com) and they own their own production facility.  They are located in the Northeast US and I use quite a few items from their product line as everything is made from low lead solid brass and they are very sturdy.  I too use a setter and have had no issues with their hardware and my current dies.  All of their measurements are basically in millimeters but you can easily convert them and you also get to choose how long the posts are so you can get them for various thicknesses of projects.  

+ Buckleguy
good supplier

I've not dealt with the Buckle Guy a lot, but I have never had an issue with an order, be it customer service or quality.