KateC

Source for type I bobbins?

Does anyone have a source for Type I prewound bobbins for a Singer 29K-60?  Searching with no luck what so ever.  The last ones that I had and really like are the ATCO I (CS-69).  They were gifted to me but running out and need more!  Thank YOU!!!

Never heard of I type, but I'm sure it's out there.  A, G, S, L, M, and U are the more common type.  

5 hours ago, machinehead said:

Wrong answer! Those are blank bobbins. The OP asked about prewound bobbins.

FWIIW: I have a box of prewound small patcher bobbins that I am slowly using up. I bought them two summers ago for sewing patches at a bike show. The problem with them is that the thread is heavily bonded in some areas and lightly bonded in others. The bobbin thread tension is all over the place, from loose to binding. And, they flip over as the thread is used, changing the tension. I don't recommend investing in these pieces of shit. Wind your own bobbins in advance of the job.

My mistake. My apologies to the OP.

This PDF has a somewhat comprehensive list of bobbin sizes, including Style "I" : Bobbin Selection Information.pdf

You may be able find a standard style that fits your 29K60 without giving up too much thread (not a whole lot of thread to give up, for sure. ) 

The good folks at The Thread Exchange have various prewound bobbin styles in stock and might be able to offer advice (they also have a bobbin style guide with dimensions

Bobbin Style I.jpg

Edited by Uwe

We have 2-gross boxes of #69 White in style I.