Pic of my latest...as usual, please critique, and tips on how to improve are always welcome...Thanks to all! The holster is my own design...not great but I like it; mahogany antique, pigskin lining.

IMG_0696.thumb.JPG.7e85e6dba848424882e6c30e84801591.JPG

You did a nice job, especially on your first holster!  Stampings look like they are not really sharp - maybe the leather was a bit too damp when you stamped?

I like what looks to be a vintage 1911!

Garypl...Good call...it's a hardware store model, not military issue, but was built in '21, almost all original! Thank you for the feedback.

I am no pro by any ANY standards when it comes to stamping and carving, but I kinda like the more subdued stamping. It is there, it is elegant, you can definitely see it, but it doesn't detract from the weapon but rather suits it. I think if I made that, that is how I would want the stamping done.  Just my opinion. My opinion and 12 bucks will get you a hamburger.

x101airborne...I'm guessing that's the 101st Airborne Screamin Eagles...thanks for serving! Thanks for looking...I also sometimes feel that subdued stamping is desirable...in this case, the stamp itself just seems to have some 'soft' edges, but I'm happy with the way it came out, and so is the owner. Now if only I had 12 bucks...

Right!!!

Cheers Mike!!

I think its very nice. The stamping could be a bit more defined for me but its your vision so as long as its something you know about and have control over and choose to do then awesome. If I had one critique it would be the stitching. Its straight and looks great but if you are going to use contrasting stitching lets see it! I would have gone with a heavier thread. Doesnt have to be gargantuan but I think you may have missed a good opportunity by not going a little heavier.

Boriqua, thank you for checking it out...I totally agree with you on the stitching. I cut the stitching groove too deep and  this was the result. I usually lace everything, so this was a first for me, trying to show off stitchwork. Next time I'll definitely use heavier thread, as well as spacing a little farther apart. Thanks again!

Edited by mikesherman