Hello indeed.  Beautiful craftsmanship as always, really enjoy seeing your finished works.  Something for me to aspire to!

YinTx

Looks very nice - do you freehand the decorative stitching or use a template?

NIce (as usual). Interesting ideas, sewing the holsters along the front and back edges, and sewing the cartridge loops onto a leather strap first and then sewing that to the belt is neat. I've been putting off making a cartridge belt as I just couldn't come up with a design that appealed to me, but your idea has possibilities.

Love that color!

Someone is doing cowboy action in style with that rig. Beautiful work as always.

Are the holster pouch parts just formed or is there a little steel in there? Pouch and or shanks?

Very nice. That looks like the "walk and draw" holster that Steve McQueen wore in the Magnificent Seven. Did you put a steel shank in it like the original?

"do you freehand the decorative stitching or use a template?"

Sort of a template. I use a quilters half circle "ruler".

https://www.bing.com/images/search?view=detailV2&ccid=la2XiLQ5&id=53EEAF736C7617816614FF30652D6A126E0808BF&thid=OIP.la2XiLQ5KtuOfOT_ftEYuwEsCk&q=quilters+half+circle+ruler&simid=607996237826490443&selectedIndex=2&qpvt=quilters+half+circle+ruler&ajaxhist=0

Easy to do. Draw imaginary parallel stitch lines. Measure a point 1/2 way between stitch lines. Make a light pencil line that runs from where you want to start to where you want to end down the middle of the lines. With a pencil, make an indentation at your starting point. Lay anyone of the half circle slots over this indentation and place your pencil tip in the indentation. Slide the ruler so that the top of that particular half circle is almost touching top stitch line. Hold ruler in place and make light half circle stopping at the middle pencil line.

The size of the slot chosen will determine the length of the football shaped stitch. On the belt determine the total distance. Figure out how many will fit your space. You can finagle the use of the total space by interjecting a couple of short figures somewhere.

"Are the holster pouch parts just formed or is there a little steel in there? Pouch and or shanks?"

No steel requested yet. The holsters are two ply made up of a layer of 8-9 ounce and a layer of 6-7 ounce. Cased, lightly molded, and sundried makes for a super strong holster.

I don't use steel unless forced to do so. If so, I use two layers of 11 gauge. If you tap the outside of the holster with a pencil it sounds hard as fiberglass. I mold lightly by hand. The speed rigs I make can't be molded too close for the smooth draw sake.

The placement of three screws holding the holster to the back flap makes for a very sturdy and fixed position.

"That looks like the "walk and draw" holster that Steve McQueen wore in the Magnificent Seven. Did you put a steel shank in it like the original? "

McQueen used an Andy Anderson walk n draw holster. Something like this.

IMG_0260.JPG

Thanks for the explanation about the quilter's half circle ruler - I might have to get one and give it a try!