Wossname

Finisher on top of Angelus paint?

I recently made a plague doctor mask in 3/4 vegtan and painted it with several coats of Angelus white paint.

I see that Angelus makes its own finishers (I'm eyeing the satin), but was curious if folks have their own favorite to use? This is my first painted piece; I'm used to dyeing stuff.

This is a costume piece that will  be worn indoors, and mainly needs to be protected from convention wear-and-tear. It doesn't have to stay pristine, but I don't want it to get prematurely dinged up, either.

Photo included, with bonus cat (his name is Dexter and he is my "assistant").

DGqoTLwVwAARSsU.jpg

I use Angelus paints. I haven't used their finishes. I have put resolene over mine lots of times. I guess it depends on if you want it glossy or satin. As good as their paints are I would definitely use their finishes though.

I agree, it needs *something*. I'll give my resolene a shot, I've had success toning down the gloss in the past.

I air brush mop n glo over angelus. Works very well. I can add semi to gloss sheene based on how I thin my mop n glo and how many coats

On 8/13/2017 at 1:45 PM, alpha2 said:

dexter.JPG

LOL. Yeah, that's Dexter. To be fair, he's done his fair share of "helping" me work. Still has some USMC black Fiebling's in his tail currently, ha ha.

My experience with the angelus leather finishers is that they are all pretty shiny, regardless of what finish they supposedly are. I add their duller, as recommended, to get the desired finish.  They work extremely well at protecting the paint though. 

On 8/28/2017 at 8:09 PM, motorobot said:

My experience with the angelus leather finishers is that they are all pretty shiny, regardless of what finish they supposedly are. I add their duller, as recommended, to get the desired finish.  They work extremely well at protecting the paint though. 

Yup, I noticed my mask ended up reallly shiny, heh. I'm hoping that'll go down when I do some weathering techniques on it. I'll know better for next time!