Sedgwicks

Lot job sales of J & E Sedgwick accumulated leather from Walsall England

Hi all,

This is a heads up that soon we will be launching our online sales page for our accumulated leather that didn't quite make the first-grade specifications.

These will be sold in 'lot' jobs on our new website for you to purchase. Navigate your way to our 'Special Offers' page.

J & E Sedgwick material is currently being held here at Sedgwicks in Walsall, UK. So once you enquire into the price of the leather using the 'quote' option, we can respond to you with the total cost including shipping.

Hopefully you are interested in this topic for genuine J & E Sedgwick leather.

sounds good.

why not sale good ones (not first whatever grade) too??

I agree!

and why don't you guys sell single hides? Then maybe you could ship them faster than 8 to 10 weeks?

is this member true sedgwick rep?

I'm assuming so. I went to their website to "see" what's going on, and, as if now, while there is a "Special Offers" tab, it leads you in circles. Wouldn't make much sense for a non-Sedgewick's rep to give site-specific details.

In addition, unfortunately, the sense is that as 'lot' jobs, they will be fairly high quantity, as in several/many hides, similar to HO minimums. So, unless it's a production setting, the scenario seems best suited for retail shops. Because even as "seconds", the $$$ would be considerable on 3/5/10/etc. hides. Oh, well....

- Elizabeth

I wouldn't mind purchasing 10 hides at a time in future if the price is right and shipping doesn't offset the savings.

Though storing that much leather might be a problem, making a cutting mistake wouldn't be such a problem.

Right now I'm down to less than a single shoulder of 7/64". Couple of sheaths and I'm out, besides the bag of rounders I've horded I got on sale a while back.

If I win my next SSDI appeal, I'll be investing in some (a whole big bunch) of stamps, and a press and stocking up on leather. I have a bunch of projects I have people waiting on. Mostly family, but...

And I would love to make myself a Duke Vest. I would tool it up nice in honor of John Wayne! Maybe a life size bust on the back instead of canvas.

The one they have at the Old Trading Post (.com) is over 200 bucks. I think I can make one cheaper than that, and would fit me better.

On 8/21/2017 at 2:36 PM, nstarleather said:

Regardless of a true rep or not...a post with no replies since the 9th speaks to not really caring about selling on this forum. :thumbsdown:

that was a question in a question in my post ))

On 8/20/2017 at 6:58 AM, RhodesAveDesigns said:

I'm assuming so. I went to their website to "see" what's going on, and, as if now, while there is a "Special Offers" tab, it leads you in circles. Wouldn't make much sense for a non-Sedgewick's rep to give site-specific details.

In addition, unfortunately, the sense is that as 'lot' jobs, they will be fairly high quantity, as in several/many hides, similar to HO minimums. So, unless it's a production setting, the scenario seems best suited for retail shops. Because even as "seconds", the $$$ would be considerable on 3/5/10/etc. hides. Oh, well....

- Elizabeth

we have to pray to the gods that Wickett&Craig exists and goes forward to the customers. ;)