RAMPER

Grease for 206RB

I have removed and cleaned out the two gear boxes on my CONSEW 206RB.  I watched a vid that showed adding some grease before reassembly, but was wondering if it wouldn't be easier to added the grease after putting the boxes together.  The top box has an opening on the top that I could and the grease through and the lower gear box has a screw that can be removed to check the grease that I could use to add new grease.  I have Tri-Flow grease.

THANKS

I am trying to regrease and oil the unit before I even try to turn the wheel.  It was sitting for some time (inside luckily) and the grease was hardened

After cleaning I usually squeeze some grease directly onto the gears before installing the gear covers again. That way I know for sure that the grease is actually ON the gears rather than just inside the box. You can always add more grease through the access holes you mentioned.

Tri-Flow grease is what I use on my machines and I like it. 

One thing to watch out for is that if you separate the gears during cleaning or to make adjustments, make sure they go back together meshing with the same teeth. Some gear sets are matched pairs that are intended to be meshed with specific teeth on both gears. There may be a factory mark on both gears to line them up. You can also add marks yourself with a sharpy pen before separating the gears. The gears should still work even if they're meshed in a different position, but they may be noisy.

Uwe, Do you have any other tips on servicing a 206Rb? I also just came across one. I have watched the video on greasing the gears and it seems quick and easy. I am wondering about the other internals also. Thank you!