jimi

Fortuna Skiver

Hey everyone, i was wondering if anyone had an old spare Fortuna side cover with wheel dresser lying around for sale?? part # 10620. 

Ground control to  major tom?

2 hours ago, gigi said:

Take your blue pills and put your helmet on   :rofl: 

Something like this? http://www.ebay.de/itm/Fingerschutz-fur-Lederscharfmaschine-YXP-/252436322788

No gigi. that does not incorporate the dresser?:spoton:just took the blue pills but cant find me helmet!

1 hour ago, Itch said:

This company is great for parts .. https://www.campbell-randall.com/

Thanks itch, will checkem out.

Edited by jimi

Now I see what you mean: the knife cover is missing on my skiver too. FORTUNAtely still have all my fingers :lol:

Hope you can find a used original part.

Not the knife cover gigi, the left side cover, the door with the stone dresser:blink::lol:

:rolleyes:  Whatever it is you're looking for -  you don't need it:  my 'prehistoric' skiver doesn't have it and works just fine :lol: ***kidding   (Mine has only a gear, the bell knife and the feeding stone) 

Yes agreed gigi The skiver works fine without it.  :P

Anybody know where to get the straight edge guides from??

Hi jimi , I would think that you should be able to get 1 from the dealers there but have you given thought to welding or brazing a flat onto the other end of the narrow one. I assume that is the one you must have. Just found this link that may help. http://www.fortuna-gmbh.de/en/

Regards Brain

Hi Brian, yes i have thought about it and will probably end up making one. i have contacted fortuna and they have given me an address for spain so i am waiting for a reply. another company here has also given me a reply on some parts but they are now on holiday. one was the left hand door but he still has not said if it is Fav or Fortuna or Gines Juan etc... did anyone ever find a user manual or parts list for one of these fortunas??

I've found a pdf but is not complete, scans are slanted and it's in German. Too big to send (2,4MB) but I can email it if you think is good.

A few screenshot samples:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Thanks gigi, i do have this one in English.  there is a couple of pages that came out clear on mine. that would be fine thanks. 

if anyone needs a operators and parts manual for a Fortuna skiver let me know.

On 8/14/2017 at 3:37 PM, jimi said:

if anyone needs a operators and parts manual for a Fortuna skiver let me know.

Hello, I have just purchased a fortuna skiver,and am confident they gave me the wrong manual. The manual I have is for a V50K and or a 50KT, however this machine is bottom feed only, not top and bottom feed and from what I can tell, I have the wrong manual. The serial number is 45523 my email is fearlessringleader@gmail.com