CourtneyLynn

ISO: Saddle maker familiar with cable rigging

Hey all! I'm starting the process for my next saddle and I figured I'd check here for a saddle maker who may be interested in a project. I'm not looking to start immediately, but possibly toward the end of the year, or early next year. If your wait list is a little longer than early next year, that's cool too. Good things come to those who wait and all that.

What I'm after is a lighter weight version of a western saddle with no horn and cable rigging. My current saddle is a Don Loewen Wade and I love how it rides... but it's just so heavy. So I'm looking for something that feels similar, geared more toward endurance riding, that isn't such a chore to swing up on 16hh+ horses. My ideal saddle would be very plain with no tooling. I like a rough out seat and fenders, and I vastly prefer a slick fork + bucking rolls to actual swells. Ideally, skirts would be more square than round (maybe rounded corners?), with a butterfly/close contact skirt. The horses I ride vary - my primary ride is a Standardbred with normal withers. The Wade fits... but I would prefer her to have a bit more wither clearance. The Wade fits my Quarter Horse like it was made for her. In the future, I'll probably be riding primarily Standardbreds so I'll need the saddle to have decent wither clearance. 

That said, are there any saddle makers that may be interested in such a project? I'm Canadian, so I always prefer working with fellow Canadians (because the exchange rate is awful), but I also don't mind working with a maker from the States if they don't mind shipping a saddle up to Canada. I don't mind being added to a waiting list and I realize my list of demands is probably large and very strange. But I'm open to input and ideas from the professionals. :)

Thank you!