Just knocked out a few more collars for the web store I am launching soon.

I had a mate take some photos for me, as is his hobby. These are his 'messing around on Sunday Arvo' shots... which are instantly better than anything I have done! Lol

Anyway. Burgundy latigo, about 3.6mm. Edges are hand burnished. Riveted with brass saddlers rivets. Hardware is all solid cast brass.

Enjoy!

2017-08-14 15.58.52.jpg

2017-08-14 15.51.39.jpg

2017-08-14 15.57.05.jpg

15 hours ago, tearghost said:

Clean work, looks good.

My I ask where you order your hardware?.

Thanks guys, hardware is from Adelaide Saddlery and Leather. Good range, cost effective (as much as stuff can be here in Australia)

hey Wedgetail great looking collars you will have to post your website when its up and running, iv just started out in leather crafting and was wondering where you got your leather from have just been using tandy but have been looking for a good latigo for belts and cant seam ot find much in australia. 

Thanks mate, depends where you are at. If you are like me and live a fair distance away from a tannery or wholesaler, then tandy can be a good option. That is where I got the latigo for these collars from.

But if you're around Brisbane, Packer Leather, Crispin leather, and Maclace i think they are called would be good options.

East coast leather is quite good too, like a kid in a candy store at that place. Located at Mt Cotton.

Toowoomba saddlery were recommended to me too, but I havent had a chance to get up there uet. They have stuff listed on their site (ozsaddle) you can look at.

Getting anywhere on a school day is hard for me, and some of them aren't open on weekends... so i do order from Tandy quite a bit.

Oh, and for hardware you can't go past Adelaide Saddlery and Leather. They are my go-to for buckles, keepers, rings, dees, and pretty much anything else. All good solid (or even cast) brass stuff.