Nice outside! Inside shots?

a snapshot of the interior

int.jpg

11 hours ago, Fire88 said:

I like it

Thank you Fire88

:-)

Nice clean interior. Thanks!

Nice looking bag / box - I like the closure. What's a DOPP kit please, I've never heard the term?

Cheers

Harvey

2 hours ago, dGinLeatherCraft said:

Nice looking bag / box - I like the closure. What's a DOPP kit please, I've never heard the term?

Cheers

Harvey

A toiletry bag.

Is that a pigskin liner?

EDIT: Never mind! I reread the description.

Great job! Love the outside color!

Edited by arashikage
found answer

On August 22, 2017 at 2:23 AM, dGinLeatherCraft said:

Cheers

Harvey

Just for fun...more than you ever wanted to know!  Via Wikipedia.

Dopp kit is a term particularly in use in America[citation needed] for toiletry bags. The name derives from the early 20th century leather craftsman Charles Doppelt, whose company designed the case in 1919.[1] While the case is named after Doppelt, it appears that the case was actually designed by Doppelt's nephew, Jerome Harris.[2]

Dopp kits became widely known during World War I[3] and World War II[4] when they were issued to GIs. The Dopp brand name was purchased by Samsonite in the early 1970s[5], and was acquired by Buxton in 1979.[6]

The trademark Dopp was filed by Samsonite for registration at the U.S. Trademark Office on Mar. 24, 1980.[7] The class of goods for which it was applicable was “toilet cases sold empty, briefcases, briefcase type portfolios, sample and catalog cases sold empty, luggage identification tags, and traveling bags”. An additional filing for the trademark Dopp Kit was made on April 3, 1980 for the class of goods “travel kits, sold empty”.[8] In both of those applications Samsonite stated that the trademarks were first used in July 1936. The registration for “Dopp Kit” was cancelled in March 2003 when no one filed a required (Section 8) Declaration of Continued Use, but the required declarations have been filed for “Dopp”. The marks were assigned to DHP Limited Partnership (dba Buxton) in 1990; the current owner of the “Dopp” trademark is listed as Buxton Acquisition Co., LLC, of Chicopee, Massachusetts.[citation needed]