plasmaguy

Singer 31-15 and Servo power

I am wanting to install a servo motor on my Singer 31-15.

Can you folks point me to a vendor on this excellent forum that can sell me what I need to get me up and running?

Thanks,

Tom

How slow do you want it to go? If you are fine with 3-5 stitches per second being the slowest, a Family brand servo should be fine. They can be found on the eBay.

If you need slower, either a mod to the Family servo motor might help, or a reducer. When I bought mine, I replaced its 3" pulley with a spare 2" pulley and that helped to slow it down further.

DrmCa,

Thank you. I have been looking at those on Ebay. It looks to be a very popular motor.

What belt are you running on your servo? My 31-15 is running a leather belt. From the looks of the Family servo pulley the round leather belt may slip

Tom

The belt looks like type A 3/8", but I am not sure of the exact specs. You can get the correct V belt from any sewing machine supplier.

5 hours ago, plasmaguy said:

I am wanting to install a servo motor on my Singer 31-15.

Can you folks point me to a vendor on this excellent forum that can sell me what I need to get me up and running?

Thanks,

Tom

The primary dealer of Family Sew servo motors on this forum is Toledo Industrial Sewing Machines. Best of all, they will install a very small 50mm pulley and help calculate the length of the new Type 3L v-belt needed for this motor.

Thank you for correcting me Wiz, I could not recall the correct belt type for the life of me!