parcx01

Where Can l Get a Good Maul?

Where can I get a good maul?

I see Barry King and Bearman mauls are well reviewed on here. Are there any other options out there for a quality maul?

Is Bearman still in business? I wanted to order a maul from him, but cant find any info on how to order..

Whats the recommended wight for pricking irons (just ordered a crimson set)? I was thinking 24oz (1.5lbs) maul

Weaver Leather sells some nice mauls.

The weaver shock absorption mauls are my absolute favorite. I was making them for a while, but the shock absorption mauls from Weaver are just much easier on my hands. 

Wayne Jeuschke!!!  Elko, NV  Call 775-738 4885 Great balance and easy to use.  No need to look any further

20 hours ago, cowboycolonel said:

Wayne Jeuschke!!!  Elko, NV  Call 775-738 4885 Great balance and easy to use.  No need to look any further

Are there any pictures of Wayne Jueschke mauls? Cant seem to find any info on them...

Are they better built than Barry Kings mauls?

I really like mine.  Hard to say what's better -- matter of preference. 

Here's an overview of what I currently have on my bench. Besides these I've had maul-masters, maul master II 's, the TLF one that the head never stayed tight, and rawhide Osbornes. This is what I'm down to and these are keepers. The four on the left are Jueschke's ranging from 12  to 48 oz. The middle two Jueschkes have miles on them. next is a Bearman (his first head material). The black one is by Bob Beard. Barry King (i've had more in other weights, this is what I have now), and a double ended rawhide wrapped stamping stick with a little history. They've all got places I prefer them. It is a matter of preferences as the colonel wrote above, I prefer the Jueschkes. The handles and balance work better for me. The initial cost on some might seem high. Divide out the number of hits over the next 10 years per dollar spent now and they all get pretty cheap then. 

mauls.JPG

29 minutes ago, bruce johnson said:

Here's an overview of what I currently have on my bench. Besides these I've had maul-masters, maul master II 's, the TLF one that the head never stayed tight, and rawhide Osbornes. This is what I'm down to and these are keepers. The four on the left are Jueschke's ranging from 12  to 48 oz. The middle two Jueschkes have miles on them. next is a Bearman (his first head material). The black one is by Bob Beard. Barry King (i've had more in other weights, this is what I have now), and a double ended rawhide wrapped stamping stick with a little history. They've all got places I prefer them. It is a matter of preferences as the colonel wrote above, I prefer the Jueschkes. The handles and balance work better for me. The initial cost on some might seem high. Divide out the number of hits over the next 10 years per dollar spent now and they all get pretty cheap then. 

That's a great collection of mauls!

Do you (or anyone) know if "Bearman" or "Bob Beard" still make mauls?

If not, I'll go for a Barry King or Wayne Jueschke  maul.

Whats the cost for a Wayne Jueschke 24oz? Does he have an email?

I really feel like a redneck now, I'm using a piece of Hickory limb that I shaped with a draw knife. I got tired of having to spend money on the cheapo mallets from Tandy and Tandy clones.

45 minutes ago, parcx01 said:

That's a great collection of mauls!

Do you (or anyone) know if "Bearman" or "Bob Beard" still make mauls?

If not, I'll go for a Barry King or Wayne Jueschke  maul.

Whats the cost for a Wayne Jueschke 24oz? Does he have an email?

Bob Beard hasn't made mauls for a while,

Wayne doesn't have email that I know of. Old school and good guy to talk to and deal with. Last price list I have here -  24 oz maul is $90. Phone number is (775) 738-4885.

Ed LeBarre (BearMan) makes them still as far as I know. I have a phone number of (850) 624-9448.