njasdw

Consew 226 or 206 RB2

I've found on Craigslist both a Consew 226 and Consew 206 RB2. Both are about $200 with a table, lamp and clutch motor. (I would replace it with a servo.) Both have a walking -foot.  

I want to use it to sew belts, journals, bags, etc.  Can anyone give me insight as to the difference in these two machines and which might be a better fit for my needs?  Are either of these compound feed? Are the bobbin and thread size similar?  What else should I be considering in looking for a machine to sew leather up to maybe 3/8" thick?

Thank you!

Edited by njasdw
Spell check

The 206 is everything you mentioned, I believe. Not sure about the 226.

Similar machines and capabilities. The 206 has a bigger bobbin I think. Both are compound feed. I have a 226 and it will sew what you need but I don't know that much about the 206. I had the impression that it was a bit lighter than the 226 but that may be wrong.

For $200 each I would buy both and sell the one you don't need for $400. Still a good price for a solid machine.

Thanks everyone. Very helpful