Lockeland Leather Works

Wickett & Craig English Bridle Leather Sale

Good afternoon, Guys!

I have a handful of Wickett & Craig English Bridle Leather Sides in 3 / 4oz for sale.

This leather was originally tanned for Coach and I purchased the lot when I was visiting the tannery earlier this year.

I have limited quantity available in Olive Drab and English Tan.

Some of the Olive Drab sides are slightly discolored around the edges, otherwise I would consider the majority of the sides to be rated as Standard & Utility Grade (According to Wickett & Craig Standards).

I was really hoping to introduce these options into my collection, but I just moved into a new studio and would love to clear out some space and get organized, that said - Sides are sold as is.

$150/Side + Shipping from Nashville, TN

Free free to direct message if interested!

Leather Supply_WC_Coach Lot-1.jpg

Leather Supply_WC_Coach Lot-4.jpg

PM'ed.

Good weight for light things.

these aren't regular English Bridle Wickett&Craig colors?

Why would Coach order standard and utility grades? Are these factory seconds, in colors that WC doesn't usually tan? Just trying to get some background on these. Could be a smokin' deal.

2 hours ago, alpha2 said:

Why would Coach order standard and utility grades? Are these factory seconds, in colors that WC doesn't usually tan? Just trying to get some background on these. Could be a smokin' deal.

If you are big enough, you can order an entire tannage run and sort the quality yourself. I can imagine this was from a tannage run and they had some left over. Maybe coach cancelled the order and now Wicket and Craig has a bunch of leather without a buyer.

I don't think olive is a standard color for Wicket and Craig. Although, Tan is very popular so it's not surprising that big makers get it too.

Edit: I checked the website, olive definitely isn't standard. Interesting color but a little too unusual for my tastes. I can definitely see making an elegant and high style bag from that...

Coach have a line of leather called "glove tanned." I wouldn't be surprised if it is WC English Bridle. They market about soft hand and patina which matches up with Bridle. Though a lot of leather can be described like that and I have no evidence. If I wanted to make high end goods, I would definitely use WC English Bridle.

Edited by folie
Checked the website

On 9/5/2017 at 9:44 PM, folie said:

If you are big enough, you can order an entire tannage run and sort the quality yourself. I can imagine this was from a tannage run and they had some left over. Maybe coach cancelled the order and now Wicket and Craig has a bunch of leather without a buyer.

I don't think olive is a standard color for Wicket and Craig. Although, Tan is very popular so it's not surprising that big makers get it too.

Edit: I checked the website, olive definitely isn't standard. Interesting color but a little too unusual for my tastes. I can definitely see making an elegant and high style bag from that...

Coach have a line of leather called "glove tanned." I wouldn't be surprised if it is WC English Bridle. They market about soft hand and patina which matches up with Bridle. Though a lot of leather can be described like that and I have no evidence. If I wanted to make high end goods, I would definitely use WC English Bridle.

I'm not sure of the specifics. Like Folie said, it may have been a cancelled order or overage. 

I visited the tannery a few months back and sorted through WC's "Odd Lots" and came across these sides. 

I had been looking for Olive for a long while and could pass up on these. They're gorgeous!

You can visit my Instagram @lockelandleatherworks to see some projects I've used this leather on.

I got the leather in the mail. I got what was described and shipping was reasonably fast.