davidhebert22

Looking for a radio sholder harness pattern and tips

Exactly where on the harness do you want to carry the radios?

Front, . . . where your shirt pockets are?

Under each arm?

Behind your back?

How big are they?

Lots of information needed to be able to help you.

May God bless,

Dwight

I can make a suggestion, but I don't know if it will do you any good.  Could be a place to start though.  I prefer to wear my phone on my person, but as I used to work retail I wasn't technically allowed to do so while working/"on the floor".  So I made a simple figure-8 harness with a screwed on strap to keep the holster in it's preferred location directly under my arm.  Because of my physical appearance unless my polo shirt pulled wrong you couldn't even tell I had it.

To follow on that thought, and also @Dwight's thoughts, you might want to try a standard shoulder harness, but use a thinner strap at a specific location to keep it in place.  Also consider the "profile" of your radios.  I have the holster for my cell phone turned in such a way that it's tucked in to my arm pit pretty well, but that required some consideration to the direction I wanted it to face and how best to keep the profile from catching on everything or feeling really loose.

Something like this picture. I just don't really know where to start. I was able to get a bullseye double sholder harness for pistols ordered from tandy to use as a starting point. The radios would be like 3in wide by 5in tall and 2in deep.

30RX25_AS01.jpg

9 hours ago, davidhebert22 said:

Something like this picture. I just don't really know where to start. I was able to get a bullseye double sholder harness for pistols ordered from tandy to use as a starting point. The radios would be like 3in wide by 5in tall and 2in deep.

30RX25_AS01.jpg

OK, . . . now we can do something.  I make a shoulder holster that is worn so it points the muzzle down, . . . and is a re-work of an older design.  It, I think, would be perfect for this application.  

The next problem will be getting the pattern to you.

If you want, . . . send me a private message, . . . use the little envelope up in the top right hand corner, . . . and I'll see if I can't make a workable copy for you and mail it to you.

The shoulder straps will simply go from the front of one to the rear of the other, . . . and the whole thing will have belt  clips, . . . one on each side, . . . as does the one in the picture.  

It does not have the "H" harness in the back, . . . but rather a simple "X" where the two shoulder straps cross, . . . 

Let me know if you are interested.

May God bless,

Dwight

4 hours ago, Dwight said:

OK, . . . now we can do something.  I make a shoulder holster that is worn so it points the muzzle down, . . . and is a re-work of an older design.  It, I think, would be perfect for this application.  

The next problem will be getting the pattern to you.

If you want, . . . send me a private message, . . . use the little envelope up in the top right hand corner, . . . and I'll see if I can't make a workable copy for you and mail it to you.

The shoulder straps will simply go from the front of one to the rear of the other, . . . and the whole thing will have belt  clips, . . . one on each side, . . . as does the one in the picture.  

It does not have the "H" harness in the back, . . . but rather a simple "X" where the two shoulder straps cross, . . . 

Let me know if you are interested.

May God bless,

Dwight

That would be awesome. Thank you so much. 

Would love a copy myself if y’all worked one out.  I have a double and a single to make

Davidhebert, . . . did you ever send me your email address?

I looked and could not find where I sent you a pattern, . . . suspecting I never got your email address.

If you never got the pattern, . . . email me at ciminodw@gmail.com

May God bless,

Dwight

Looking to build the same, be great if you could hook me up as welL

shawn6620@outlook.com

Edited by Shawn6620
Spelling

I make a couple per week, but its all in my head

IMG_20180921_035738_978.jpg

On ‎21‎/‎09‎/‎2018 at 5:03 PM, WhiteyT said:

its all in my head

Man, your head is a busy place, and maybe a little mixed up!  :lol:

Prolly...not a LSU FAN tho, that went to a customer

Here's a couple more

20180910_011357_HDR.jpg

20180907_054235_HDR.jpg

20180820_172241_HDR.jpg

I know this is an old topic, but what weight leather did you use for the straps and holsters WhiteyT?