TrendyGoat

Supplier near me and suggestions

Hey everyone.

I'm new to this forum although Ive been referring to it for information for 2+ years.  Thank you to everyone for all of the valuable information.  I am now ready to purchase my first personal use leather, med/heavy duty, industrial sewing machine.  Deciding which one to buy is harder than picking out a new car bc of all of the choices!! Ive narrowed down the machines for the most part.  Im having a hard time finding a supplier that is within driving distance of 1 of my 2 homes, in Asheville NC and Atlanta GA.  I have found a few but none that have cylinder arm machines...  So these are the machines Im interested in:

Juki LS-341N

Cobra Class 26

Cowboy CB2500, CB3500 or CB227R

I would like to sew leather and thick canvas material.  I would like to use a variety sizes of threads if possible.  Does anyone know of a good chart that helps understand thread sizes? 

So, I would like input on machines along any options on suppliers????

Thank you so much for your time!

http://www.tolindsewmach.com/thread-chart.html

this should tell you somethiing

5 hours ago, thunter9 said:

http://www.tolindsewmach.com/thread-chart.html

this should tell you somethiing

Thank you so much!  Very helpful.  Now to find a supplier I can visit and buy a machine! :)

57 minutes ago, TrendyGoat said:

Thank you so much!  Very helpful.  Now to find a supplier I can visit and buy a machine! :)

I buy most of my industrial sewing machines in Toledo, Ohio.

Its been 2+ years already :rockon:

I will be serious, So as a start I remember in one of the sticky's about leather machines Wizcraft made some great comments, some referencing thread size and some use in leather items.  

The machines you list possibly need separated, just because the 2500 and 3500 are different and handle bigger thread levels, they both use a shuttle type bobbin typical in heavier machines. Between these two the 3500 is a serious keeper in the same class as the 4500 with a shorter cylinder, so its a big dog.

The others Juki 341, Cobra 26 and CB-227 are in the medium class typically heavy canvas and upholstery and leathers in that thickness range. To be clear and this I think is most important, most thread in these is 69, 92, 138 in my opinion. Some people run 46 through these machines their whole life, in others they may be Super tuned to use 207.  This size of thread need discussed with the professional dealer and persons that use them with this thread and how interchangeable. 

This is the best step forward,  running these questions around and even getting your own answers with some of these new ideas, issues and just every ones thoughts. 

Floyd