LittleT

Rivet Press

I'm looking to purchase a rivet Press to make dog leads and dog collars. I'm looking at the Weaver Leather Little Wonder and a Hertiage foot Press. I'd like some suggestions on my best choice and possibly buy a used one if anyone has one for sale.

Thanks

What sort of rivets do you want to use -- burr rivets, Jiffy rivets, tubular/machine rivets?

I have a small press which can be used for setting Jiffy rivets but I find a hammer to be a better option, and I use it as a hole punch.

Little Wonder,will set 103 and 104 rivets.Its cam opererated so it's relatively effortless. Foot press will also work well,Beiler Mfg in PA also has footpress with dies.

For ease of use the Little Wonder cant be beat for a bench top setter.  It sets rivets effortlessly.  Even if you buy it now and upgrade to a foot press down the road most people still find use for keeping the Little Wonder, set it up to punch holes, set something else you don't do as frequently so you don't have to change the tooling on your foot press, etc.  The Heritage model Foot Press has been discontinued as we came out with the new MT900 model with the automatic attachment options.  There are normally a lot of used foot press options at our annual consignment auction as well, but that would have to wait until next June.  Let me know if you have any specific questions on the Little Wonder or the MT900.    

Ive got the big Weaver MT900 foot press with the autofeed hopper. This things has literally saved me countless hours riveting GPS tracking collars. I also have a benchtop hand press that I used to set rivets and grommets. Works better than hand tools, without question.

Looking for information on how to set up and adjust the single drive tube rivet setter on the MT900...