cody1200

Class 4 machine bobbin not staying slot

Hello I'm having trouble keeping the bobbin thread to stay in the groove. Also it seems the thread from the top side doesn't make it all the way around the shuttle then pulls up tight and snaps my needle just about every time. And I do have the thread in the bobbin threaded the correct way. Thanks

Without pictures its hard to guess the exact problem.  I suspect the race plate is too tight  and not letting the thread move around the shuttle correctly? That is just a guess. 

I'm  not really sure what what you mean by "keeping the bobbin thread to stay in the groove." What "groove" are you talking about? Post some pictures or a video snippet via YouTube.  A picture and an arrow can make all the difference. A little bit of home work goes a long way towards remote, crowd-sourced problem solving.

It also helps to use full names like "Cobra Class 4", to communicate more clearly and for the sake of future Google searches for the same problem. It may be obvious to you since you're looking at the machine, but others don't have the benefit of sitting in front of your machine.

And you're not interested in sharing what you figured out ... time to update my list.

Edited by Uwe

2 hours ago, Uwe said:

And you're not interested in sharing what you figured out ... time to update my list.

Uwe this is the groove right where the bobbin goes in and where the thread comes out. This list you talk of make sure and put me on it!!! The problem was that I loosened the pressure foot tension while sewing thin leather. Then I was stitching skirts and I believe the leather was moving a bit and was causing things to hang up. Tightened the presser foot up and it worked next time I will work on it longer before heading to the forum so I'm not black listed sorry uwe.

1505605422098-659579407.jpg