velvetwastaken

Celtic inspired custom baroque bridle

The most ambitious bridle I've made yet. Custom made for a gypsy cob. A lot of 'firsts' for me on this one, including working very closely with the customer on the design. I'd love feedback if anyone has any; there's always so much to learn, and room to improve. 

Thanks! 

img1.jpg

Edited by velvetwastaken

That's amazing work! Very impressive. Any live pics on the gypsy cob? :)

Thank you very much! No pics of the gypsy wearing it yet. She was in a show last weekend though, and promised me some pics that I am anxiously waiting on. I did try it on my own horse (was a bit small lol), but it''ll look a lot more striking on the Gypsy with her white face and forelock.

img5.jpg

img3.jpg

img4.jpg

img2.jpg

That is fantastic!  And yes, lol, looks a wee bit small on your horse there.  Can't wait to see it on the intended cob!

Very nicely done!!! 

Might appear a bit small, but your horse seems quite proud to appear so regal sporting that artwork!

YinTx

21 hours ago, Grey Drakkon said:

That is fantastic!  And yes, lol, looks a wee bit small on your horse there.  Can't wait to see it on the intended cob!

Thank you! I almost couldn't buckle the noseband, lol.  I'm look forward to seeing the cob wear it as well, I'll post a picture when I get one!

17 hours ago, Fire88 said:

Very nicely done!!! 

Thank you very much :)

11 hours ago, YinTx said:

Might appear a bit small, but your horse seems quite proud to appear so regal sporting that artwork!

YinTx

Thank you! I might need to make another just for her. 

Wow! That's amazing

I especially like ‘understated’ look of it, it’s so easy to get carried away with decoration.   You’ve balanced it well.

Lovely work!  I'm very impressed! I tried Celtic knotwork before, and I SUCKED at it! 

I've never seen a strap going between the ears like that before though! What's the purpose of that?