Acro

Toad Skin Leather?

Thanks barehandcustoms.

I'm wondering . . . are there any sources for even cheaper toad skins?  Maybe wholesale?

Edited by Acro

I got a bunch of toad skins from Jerry Van Amburg, of Van Amburg leather. Tons of color choices!

Gotta wonder... anybody try licking the toad skins? I hear it is popular out in Colorado of all places.

Never licked them but I'm wondering who skins them and why?

gotta do something for amusement if you can't get cable in the deepest darkest parts of the bayou.

https://www.bedetheque.com/BD-Louis-Ferdinand-Quincampoix-Une-aventure-de-Tome-1-Dedans-le-bayou-10970.html

Don't know if those comic  books exist in English versions...anyway, they're best read in the appropriate accent :)

surely "lickin them" would be considered toadally radical!

Edited by mikesc

13 hours ago, mikesc said:

surely "lickin them" would be considered toadally radical!

That was soooo bad!:rofl:

Never bought from them, but their site is pretty clear you have to phone or fax or email them ( details are on their site on the page that you linked to ) to get them to issue a password to be able to get into the part of their site which has the inventory and prices, standard procedure from wholesalers. They don't want their prices out there in public. Usually means that there will be a minimum order quantity and that they will likely only accept bank transfers with a 100% of the price paid in advance and only from registered business with proof of business registration, business TAX ID etc. Prices are likely to be FOB also, with shipping via accredited customs agents only ( no "post" ) such as DHL, FEDEX, UPS etc.

Edited by mikesc

Van Amburg Leathers got back to me 1st and quickly, sent some nice photos and gave me a phone number to call.  Prices are $5 to $20 depending on the size and color of the toad skin.  And Jerry is a super nice person!  Very responsive to my emails and seems to be real easy going.  I plan to get a few skins from him to start.  He is in the USA (toads sourced from Australia) and I'll get about 5 skins to see what I can do with them.

Exoticleather got back to me quickly too.  They have a required wholesale Minimum Order Quantity of $1,500.  I left it at that.

Toadfactory got back to me the next day.  They are in Austraila and have a minimum order of AUD$100 for whole sale.  Their prices are the best, and if I like working with toad leather, and need a large quantity, I'd buy from them.  I'd need to see how much shipping is though, as this may interfere with the low cost.  They sent a ton of photos and have been very responsive to my questions.

Edited by Acro

I haven't used it yet, but I have too many ideas, I'm sure I'll find several things to make with it.  I'll post some items when I've worked with it a little.

Thinking to myself, "They can't mean *actual* toads.  It must mean a kind of leather stamped with a particular pattern..." 

Imagine my surprise. The "Cane Toad Bow Tie" really made me laugh out loud.

*Disclaimer: the following is from YouTube.  I don't know if YouTube tracks users, so you may want to research before watching if this is a concern for you.

Edited by JMixx
my attempt to include the link didn't work the first time.