Hey There! 

I am needing a little bit of help on a few machines I am running in my shop. They are both brand new machines and I have not really gotten them to run properly since receiving them. We predominantly hand stitch but are using machines more and more. I purchased an Atlas AT-318 & a TechSew TS-3850. I am having generally the same issues with both machines. I'll start with the Atlas.

I got the Atlas running great but the minute I switch from 2 layers of 2-3oz leather to 3 layers of 2-3oz leather we are finding that our thread frays, skipped stitches and a general low quality of seams. I have adjusted the tension, switched needles, adjusted thread thickness and it will still always fray. I have had issues with the timing on this machine and it seems like Atlas has fallen off the face of the earth when I have reached out to them. 

The TechSew has never run properly. When I received this machine it was running.... barely. I switched the thread to the same size and color of the sample thread that it came with. From there it went downhill. The machine keeps throwing it out of time. I was on the phone with their customer support for a few hours and the technician said it was super rare for these to come in the condition it was in when it was sent to me. Every single time I retime this machine and run a stitch it throws it back out of time. I have sent them videos of threading the machine as they suggested with no response at all. I really would like to get these up and running. Seems like a waste of money for them to be sitting in my shop collecting dust. I am turning to all of you guys since I can get the support needed from the manufacturer. Thanks so much! 

We should probably start in a machine choice, and describe the needle type or package #, thread size and nylon or poly. Could care less the brand for now long as its machine thread. Everybody includes myself would ask the machine, but in reality this initial stage the other stuff above is needed at the very same level. If the video clip is linked on one or both machines it could be a kick start. 

Good day there

Floyd

19 hours ago, Christianlikeswhiskey said:

Every single time I retime this machine and run a stitch it throws it back out of time.

You'll have to elaborate on this part, ideally with pictures or a video (shared via YouTube). It's not at all clear what you actually do when you "retime" the machine.

Does the machine have a safety clutch and if yes, is it properly engaged?

The solution may very well be to take the machine to a mechanic to have it fixed and then have somebody show you basic operation of the machine.

Without more background info it all sounds very much like "I bought a new car and the damn car won't take me where I need to go. Every time I fix the transmission, the car stalls again." Where to begin?

Edited by Uwe