Sign in to follow this  
pepin1948

Clock Face

A clock face, thus far, that I'm making for an egagement gift for a cousin. She loves the color green, and I'd thought of doing it in shades of green and gold. After I stained it (saddle tan antique), I'm quite taken with it as is. The clock hands and numbers are gold. Thoughts?

Personally I would leave it the color it is, but I'm a lover of the more natural leather styles :)

- Noel

A clock face, thus far, that I'm making for an egagement gift for a cousin. She loves the color green, and I'd thought of doing it in shades of green and gold. After I stained it (saddle tan antique), I'm quite taken with it as is. The clock hands and numbers are gold. Thoughts?

Nice work. I too would leave it the way it is, it looks very good and the gold numbers and hands will stand out nicely.

I know a man that makes clocks like that. What he does is takes a "Dream Catcher" ring, and does real fancy bead work around the ring, and turns the clock into a dreamcatcher as well. I wish I had taken pictures of his work, but I never thought of it at the time. There are some real pretty beads that you can buy to make the outer ring look wonderful...and GREEN.

Again, very nice work.

Ken

Edited by Beaverslayer

Really neat design and work. I appreciate you leading me to the celtic software. With that design, it looks like you have absolutely mastered it!! Do you use a graphic or word program? I've tried both MS-Word and Corel Draw and seems to work fine.

Thanks,

Regis

This design is, if I recall correctly, from one of my favorite Celtic websites, aon-celtic.com I've never been able to do circles with the Celtic Knot Font (from clanbadge.com), but it's great for a number of other designs.

Candyleather, that's not odd to me, I think it sounds nice!

What I've decided to do for this particular project is: I went to Tandy and picked up two different size green gemstone rivets. I will put them around the edge where the numbers would go (instead of numbers). I'll use the gold tone clock hands. I'll leave the knot uncolored.

Will take pics when done.

100_1444.jpg100_1445.jpg

Here's an update. I went with two different size green rivets. Had some trouble lining up where to set them - my own spazzy fault - but I think it looks nice.

post-3-1180922556_thumb.jpg

post-3-1180922564_thumb.jpg

Nice design Holly

Clock_for_Asheley_03.jpg

Here is the finished product. I was mostly pleased with it, but was frustrated by difficulties setting the rivets in the correct places (I should've been more careful there, consequently there are dot marks where I initially thought I'd be putting some in). But it doesn't really show when hanging up. Also, it would've been wiser to put the stone rivets closer in, because that near to the edge there are bumps.

I ended up removing the self adhesive numbers because they simply didn't stick well enough, and were too small for gluing on easily.

post-3-1181229933_thumb.jpg

Edited by wildrose

Very nice work, and by looking closely at the clock...I see it's coffee time.

I really like the clock, the Celtic knotting makes it look very distinctive.

Ken

Beautiful, Holly! You chose the coloring/staining scheme very well.

Kate

Sounds like another order in the works... :spoton:

Kate

Thanks all :) My cousin ADORED it, and her future mom in law was amazed too (she'd not seen this type of handiwork before)