Nice idea, where needs must, brass also works well... you know... for when you actually have to do some dusting... you want your end result to be as flat as can be! 

for those asking for the pattern here it is sorry it took me so long! just print on normal copy paper

knuckles 001.jpg

On 10/2/2017 at 11:18 PM, DpMaquilon said:

I would really appreciate it if you would post your pattern. Looks like a fun project and I have a few buddies that would like one.

Thanks!

posted

On 9/29/2017 at 8:48 PM, kiwican said:

Totally illegal in Canada..therefore I must immediately ask you for a blueprint on how you made it so that I can make one

posted

Thanks!

5 hours ago, DpMaquilon said:

Awesome pattern I didn't have a dowl so used a lighter and it came out pretty good.

Thanks again!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Wooo!!! I like that a lot! I may have to a lighter or maybe a can of pepper spray for my ol lady hmmmmm. And thank you for the feedback as well that's the first pattern I've ever posted

That's a cool idea. Pepper spray would be good too like dragonfly said. I wonder if you could fill that part with shot too. And just stitch the whole thing up. For added weight. Just a thought. 

I like the Idea of pepper spray and shot!

On 10/5/2017 at 11:49 AM, Dragonfly42 said:

for those asking for the pattern here it is sorry it took me so long! just print on normal copy paper

knuckles 001.jpg

posted

posted

Thanks for sharing:D

4DDFE566-4403-4BE8-AE91-A5BD5C8E2842.jpeg

25 minutes ago, Tejasandre said:

Thanks for sharing:D

4DDFE566-4403-4BE8-AE91-A5BD5C8E2842.jpeg

The right one looks like it's probably a flashlight, but what's in the one on the left?

RE: Hardening formed leather. Two methods that work well and are easily implemented without a lot of specialized equipment:

1. As a part of the wet-forming process the item can be heated to ~120-130F for 30 minutes. What this accomplishes is allowing the collagens within the leather fibers to flow and reinforce the formed shape. The result is a piece that is significantly harder than one simply allowed to dry at room temperature, and the formed shape is better retained.

2. Perform the wet-forming using isopropyl alcohol (rubbing alcohol) instead of water. The formed piece will dry much more quickly because the alcohol evaporates faster than water. This results in a very hard finished product. NOTE: Do not apply heat during the drying of alcohol, obvious fire hazard.

To be avoided, if hardness of the finished product is the goal, is any use of oil in the finishing process. Neatsfoot oil, oil-based dyes, and other penetrating finishes will result in softening and increased flexibility.

Hello, a bit late on the topic here.

Has the item been tested by the vet who ordered it? How does it hold up on the edge? I was thinking of perhaps adding a stitch to it, in addition to the glue. Either a saddle stitch, or some kind of fancy braided stitch (yeah a bit girly, but I'm a chick so... ☺️)