yober

Securing a tractor saddle cover

Hi,

I am tooling a cover for the tractor saddle seat which currently sits on top of a milk crate (pictured). I am looking for a way to secure the leather in such away that it won’t slide in any direction. I thought it might work like a pan seat for a motorcycle but I’m wishing to avoid lacing or stitching a lower containment panel all the way around the perimeter.  I’ve come up with a couple options, but I’m not really happy with any of them so far: 

1.  Crisscross a strap through the holes;

2.  Rivet some lacing hooks on the backside and cinch it up like a set of hiking boots;

3.  Punch some grommets on the backside and cinch it up similarly.

I  will be wet mounding my significant fanny into it, and there will be significant amount of extra leather around the entire perimeter for which to secure things in a way not seen by anybody.  I’m interested in a solution that will maximize the amount of real estate necessary for tooling a Sheridan design into it. The above three designs have at least some intrusion into this.   Am I just crazy for trying this?  Anybody done it before?

Thanks in advance,

Jon

AE10B8FF-FCD4-4C1D-A2CD-0A620AD0C90F.jpeg

That looks darn uncomfortable the way it is. Looks like it's attached to a round base.

Did you Milk Can? Not Milk Crate?

I would sew loop around the whole thing and put a draw string in the back.

I think that would be the easiest way. But I'm no expert.

I would use lot of HD foam padding a layer or two of sheep hide with wool on it too.

Dang, that look uncomfortable.

Yes, Siri seems to misinterpret everything I say these days.   It’s a milk can, more or less, and you can see it underneath in the picture.

If you’re saying sew hook and loop, I do not have a sewing machine and would have to do it by hand.

It’s actually not that uncomfortable; in fact, I wish I had one because my butt fit in it just right (this is for friend of mine).