shotypua

Different Stitch

I think it is a box stitch. Look to Al Stohlman's "The Art of Hand Stitching". The box stitch as well as many others are covered.

Good luck.

Looks like a variation on the box stitch to me.  One has a 45 degree beveled angle, the other has an overlap, and the third that I am aware of is a 45 degree bevel with an additional layer wrapped around the corner for reinforcement.  I imagine there are other methods as well.

YinTx

On 10/3/2017 at 7:34 AM, bikermutt07 said:

I think it is a box stitch. Look to Al Stohlman's "The Art of Hand Stitching". The box stitch as well as many others are covered.

Good luck.

Thank you! 

17 hours ago, YinTx said:

Looks like a variation on the box stitch to me.  One has a 45 degree beveled angle, the other has an overlap, and the third that I am aware of is a 45 degree bevel with an additional layer wrapped around the corner for reinforcement.  I imagine there are other methods as well.

YinTx

Thank you!

Look at this YouTube video, it shows this style of box stitching and the other 45 degree join one. This style you have to account for the overlap on one side.