Jamvandijk

Visiting UK

Hello everyone,

I'm a small leatherworker from the Netherlands, and I'm making small leathergoods, such as belts, satchels, wallets, etc. I've been looking for good leather suppliers for a while now, but I find it difficult (and not a very fun job) to look for leather online and order a limited amount of samples.

This is why I decided I'm going to visit the UK in January. Does any of you have suggestions where to go? I'd like to be able to see, feel and smell different leathers with different qualities and buy a small amount of hides. Places I will definitely visit are J&FJ Baker and A&A Crack& Sons.

All suggestions welcome!

Best wishes,

Jeroen van Dijk

JT Bachelor and SK Fittings, both in Dalston, London. Abbey Saddlery in Knutsford.

Thanks a lot!

Hi,

I,m in the Netherlands to and ever now and ten I'm going to Germany in the neighbourhood of Venlo. There is a tannerie. I can give you the adress If you' re interested.

Yours Bert.

Hi Bert,

I would love to get the adress! What kind of leathers do they produce?

On 10/8/2017 at 4:05 PM, bemavu said:

Hi,

I,m in the Netherlands to and ever now and ten I'm going to Germany in the neighbourhood of Venlo. There is a tannerie. I can give you the adress If you' re interested.

Yours Bert.

Hi Bert,

How about sharing that information on here?...So others can profit from it and presumably the tannery too.

I have a tannery in Germany I can recommend, but the information is at home.. I will post it shortly

Cheers

Alex

Hi Bert and Alex,

I'm very curious about the tanneries you can recommend! Would you mind sharing the names/adresses/website? Would be great ;)

Cheers,

Jeroen

Le Provo, in the north of England is worth a visit.   Really nice leather, and very friendly and informative staff.   I have all my leather sent from England up to Scotland, and have never had reason to complain about the quality.