1 hour ago, motocouture said:

1 hour ago, motocouture said:

a great idea, never thought of it being a great non-stick material....

Coat both surfaces and allow them to "flash". Then lay the paper on one suface completely covering it.  Double over one end of the paper. Lay the second layer on top. Then slowly work the paper out as you tack the corners and edges. It's easier to do than to explain.

Edited by bikermutt07

4 hours ago, Stetson912 said:

I've seen it in some stohlman books. He used it in between the layers of leather to keep the contact cement from touching and setting while he lined it up. Usually a square piece in the corners and one or two on the straight seams to align it. Then stick it down piece by piece and remove the paper as you go

3 hours ago, bikermutt07 said:

Coat both surfaces and allow them to "flash". Then lay the paper on one suface completely covering it.  Double over one end of the paper. Lay the second layer on top. Then slowly work the paper out as you tack the corners and edges. It's easier to do than to explain.

Ah, that makes sense. Thanks so much for the tip, that will definitely help, especially when trying to laminate long runs like the handles, or the side seams. 

What leather are you using I normally use bridle 2mm but I need more supple leather

7 hours ago, the gafer said:

What leather are you using I normally use bridle 2mm but I need more supple leather

For this, I used some really great HAAS calf (3-4oz weight I think) that I got from @nstarleather ; he may still some available (great pricing, too!). 

5 hours ago, motocouture said:

For this, I used some really great HAAS calf (3-4oz weight I think) that I got from @nstarleather ; he may still some available (great pricing, too!). 

What is that in mm I am from the UK we only do it in mm

3oz=1.2mm and 4oz=1.6mm